Hi everyone!

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/09 11:36 am - Mt Pleasant, IA
I am new on this forum and just wanted to say hi to everyone. I had my RNY on 12/18/08 and as of today I am 47 lbs down and have lost 23.5 inches on my waist, hips, upper arms and neck combined.
I am currently walking 2-3 miles daily, use an ab lounger at work every lunch hour for 150 reps. I am hoping to join a local workout facility next week.
I look forward to reading all your posts and hopefully gaining a lot of knowledge!!

JJ
Scott William
on 2/24/09 9:43 pm
Welcome.  You will find a great group willing to help with any exercise questions you have.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
kypdurran
on 2/24/09 11:12 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi JJ.  Congrats on your success and welcome to the board.

Chad
www.team464.com

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/24/09 11:46 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey There... Welcome. One thing I read that you posted... You work your abs EVERY DAY at lunch??? You should only work your abs 2 to maybe 3 times per week at the most. You need to give your muscles time to heel and recover from workouts. A rule of thumb generally speaking is that if the muscle you want to work is still sore from your previous workout, don't work that muscle, let it heal. People who work the same muscle without allowing for recovery over and over can experience atrophy which actually makes you lose muscle rather than gain. Just an observation... Anyways, welcome to the board! There are tons of heros in our midst here.
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Cassie W.
on 2/25/09 10:51 am
Welcome JJ and congratulations on making the commitment to exercise early in your weight loss journey!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/09 11:20 am - Mt Pleasant, IA
Thank you for such a nice welcome. I looked at all of your profiles and what inspirational people you all are!
Thanks also for the info about not doing the abs everyday. I had no clue! I am hoping to get some pointers from the trainers at the new workout place I'm joining once it opens (next week - yeh!!).
In the meantime I may ask some questions here, hopefully not too stupid!
Thanks again..

JJ
Linn D.
on 2/25/09 1:48 pm - Missoula, MT
Hi JJ.

I'll welcome you as well.  You're doing much more than I did right after surgery.  Good for you!

There are people with many interests on the board, so just about anything is fair game.  You may not get too many responses sometimes, but we generally don't post if we don't have a good answer for you.  Better no info than bad info.

Take care of yourself, and here's to a great journey!

Linn
Most Active