Why don't I lose weight after I exercise?

Nicole T.
on 2/23/09 9:02 pm
Before surgery I would lose weight the day after exercise consistantly but since bypass, every time I exercise, my weight loss halts or I even gain. Last week I didn't exercise and lost 9 lbs but this week I exercised and stayed the same so far. I am only three days in. Is there an explanation?
Scott William
on 2/23/09 10:11 pm
It could be a few things but I would mostly jus****ch the appetite.  You can get pretty hungry when you increase the exercise.  The amount of weight you are talking does have me stumped though. 
irshfiregrl
on 2/23/09 11:01 pm - Portsmouth, NH
Seems to be a popular question this week!!

Start 260/ Surgery 249/ Goal 140/ Current 135       5.8"

Nicole T.
on 2/23/09 11:14 pm
maybe my body doesn't want me to exercise, you think? lol

i wish
irshfiregrl
on 2/23/09 11:17 pm - Portsmouth, NH
If it only worked that way.... Keep in mind your body burns fuel differently now than it did before.  You are burning off your carbs first, then your fat... so if you are eating less carbs it goes right into fat burning mode.... and well that makes muscle.... Its a long process but in the long run you WILL shrink in inches if you aren't losing weight.  i have lost 7ft off my body and let me tell you I had plenty of times that I lost inches and not weight. 
Keep up the exercise... Your body will thank you for it  :)

K8

Start 260/ Surgery 249/ Goal 140/ Current 135       5.8"

MacMadame
on 2/24/09 2:03 pm - Northern, CA
I never see a direct link between what I do one day and what the scale say I weigh the next. It's more indirect and long term.

Like in Dec., my exercise slacked off and my weight loss slowed down. So the last week I went back to the gym and worked out like crazy. And still only lost a pound that week! But the next week I did see results.

Part of it has to do with how your muscles store glycogen. But I just think that in general the scale just isn't that accurate for telling you how much fat you've lost.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active