Saturday Workouts Ya'll!!!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/21/09 1:33 am - Fort Worth, TX
Ok 7 days and counting to my marathon! I had a GREAT run this morning... 9 miles average pace of 8:32!!! That's awesome for me... Man, if I could keep that pace I would be around 3:40:00 for my marathon, but I am shooting for 4:00:00.. Wish me luck. After my run, I went to the gym and swam 2000 meters (1.25 miles) I feel great, and will now relax for the next week with minimal excercise in preparation for the big marathon #2. What did you do today???
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 2/21/09 2:13 am
I did 4.5 miles on the TM this morning and then hit the bi's hard.  In the two months I have been hitting the weights hard, they have yet to be sore.  That was today's goal. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Mifiremedic
on 2/21/09 4:00 am - MI
Dan,

I did 8 miles this morning blizzard conditions. The conditions made it extremely tough. It took me until abotu mile 7 to get even a little bit loose. Looks like I need to spend lots of time stretching this week.

Next week I start swimming with my tri club, and will probably start swimming before my Saturday run camp. Maybe it will help me loosen up.

Great job everyone
Linn D.
on 2/21/09 7:14 am, edited 2/21/09 7:14 am - Missoula, MT
I've had a great Saturday so far.  Even though I haven't run as much the past couple weeks, I still managed over 5 miles in 45 minutes.  I did take a break long enough to eat a Cliff Bar and then went and swam 1000 yd.  Even though I was tired, I still managed it in 27 minutes, which is really good for me.  I'd like to get it down to 22, then I might have a chance at some age group hardware.

I almost forgot the best part.  At the end, I had a fabulous 1.5 hour massage!  Great ending to the day.  What's even better is I don't have to work today.

Linn
Michael Wells
on 2/21/09 7:42 am - Middletown, DE
Got up at 5:45 on a Saturday (what am I doing??!!) and did 12 miles on the treadmill (I don't know why I am resistant to run outdoors when it is cold).  I was only planning on doing 11, but I figured I had gone this far, what's another 10 minutes.  Did it in a leisurely 2 hours (10min/miles) and have felt fine all day.  I have been increasing my mileage quite a bit and it feels like I am training for something, but I don't know what.  I think I will do a half marathon in Slower Delaware in April (it's flat) and the Broad Street Run (10 miles) in Philly in May.
Cassie W.
on 2/21/09 8:39 am
Today was a
- 1-hour spin class
- 3-mile run including 1@6mph; [email protected]; 1@6mph.

Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

mcarthur01
on 2/21/09 9:45 am - Cumming, GA
I did about an hour and 20 minutes of cardio (TM, Eliptical, Stairmaster), and 15 minutes with weights (back and bi) before I got the hook from the gym by the wife and kids!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

saxman007
on 2/21/09 9:48 am - Port Huron, MI
 Nice taper there Dan, lol!!!! You're gonna kick but on your marathon.
20 minutes on my trainer today -- didn't feel like running in the blizzard.  Joining the Y tomorrow and gonna start swimming again.  First time I'm doing laps in about 9 years, gonna be interesting
--Sax
MacMadame
on 2/21/09 9:48 am - Northern, CA
My "New to the Sport" class focused on bike handling skills today. We got to ride around in pairs and practice bumping into each other. It was a hoot!

Then we road in a pack for about 30 minutes.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

TaliTali
on 2/21/09 11:50 am, edited 2/21/09 11:50 am - Sammamish, WA
Well, compared to you guys I'm a bit of a slacker but ..

I did two 10-minute lower body resistance band workouts. I also did a bit of leisurely walking today.

I've never been a fan of the "e" word but have over the past month begun to realize it feels good to move and have begun willingly doing the "e". I am working up to doing more and being more consistent. I feel good though. it's amazing. I finally GET why people do this. I've never felt good working out before so this is really quite shocking ..

I recently had to do a 'catch the train sprint' the other day and did not feel I was going to keel over. I did want to try running again but in a more controlled environment! I think that's a major plus.

Most Active