Thursday Workouts....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/19/09 12:53 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is well. I hate tapering... It's nice to relax on the training, but I feel like I am slacking, even though I know it is the best thing for my body. As I begin thinking about the LOOOOONG season ahead of me (4 x 70.3's and one 140.6 Ironman's) I am wondering if a marathon right now was the best thing for my training. Oh well, too late now, it's on like Donkey Kong!!!!Today, I ran on the dreadmill at the gym. 6.2 miles (10k) in 52:11. A good solid pace and I felt great afterwards. I hope everyone has a great day... 10 days until The Cowtown Marathon... 26.2 miles of joy... I am really hoping to break 4 hours. peace....

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 2/19/09 1:09 am
I decided last night that after some G.I. Issues, that today would be a rest day (no cardio or swimming)

So today is going to be resistance workout and core body workout at home.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Scott William
on 2/19/09 2:18 am
I ran for the first time since the yoga class tweaked my knee.  It was a lack luster run of 2.75 miles.   I then did my push workout (chest, tris and shoulders).  Finally a good workout.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
saxman007
on 2/19/09 5:46 am - Port Huron, MI
 Hey Scott, practically the same distance in the run -- 2.88 miles for me but 2 different results, lol.  Did it 31 minutes BUT it was in 22 degree weather with 21 mph winds (gusting to 30).  Couldn't think of any better way to enjoy the sunshine we're getting though:)
--Sax
saxman007
on 2/19/09 5:51 am - Port Huron, MI
 Been wondering this about you Dan: How involved were you in sports in school?  Every time I feel like I'm catching up to your speed/endurance you're kicking it up a notch!  I'm hoping to get around 4 hours in October and am feeling a little daunted just doing 2 70.3s this year.  Just wondering if you got your competitiveness is sports or if it's strictly an internal motivation.
Keep up the good work, enjoy the taper and know that you'll be pushing the pedal to the metal again soon!
--Sax
DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/19/09 6:55 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Bro,

I played football in high school as a lineman... not much endurance needed there, I played golf, same deal,  but i played soccer as well. I was never blessed in the fast-twitch department, but, when our team would go for longer runs, I was always the first one done. When I say long, it was probably 2-3 miles at the most. I was never involved in endurance sports, actually, I had never been on a road bike until about 6-7 months ago, and I never swam competitively. So, I guess to answer your question, I try not to compete against others so much as I try to compete with myself. So my competitiveness comes from my internal motivation. Everyday I try to increase speed, distance, technique, or mental well-being and everyday I gain gratification knowing that I pushed myself a little further. I honestly try not to think about how far I have to go, how far the races are, etc... I just put one foot in front of the other and keep on going. On a side not I also got back out and did a quick 15 mile ride in 16 MPH winds!!! Averaged 18.8 MPH peeked at 33 MPH on the flats with wind at my bike... On my road bike... I can't wait to get my Orbea Ordu in a couple weeks... I am going to fly!! Take care buddy...

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Scott William
on 2/19/09 6:11 am
I just added another 3.75 outside.  It was perfect weather.  Total today was 5.5
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Michael Wells
on 2/19/09 9:49 am - Middletown, DE
Another 5 miles on the treadmill today.  Same 8:34 pace.
Cassie W.
on 2/19/09 10:34 am
My legs felt really heavy today, so I called it quits after 2.5 miles and focused on strengthening my upper half with two sets on the Cybex equipment.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/19/09 10:45 am - Fort Worth, TX
OK... Last update for today... I promise. My wife had a cooking class tonight so I snuck out to the gym and got in a 2000 meter swim (1.25 miles) I feel great.

So the day:
6.2 mile run 52:11
15 mile ride avg pace 18.8 MPH in 16 mph winds
1.25 mile swim 32:13 ( fastest time yet) PR!

Have a good one

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Most Active