Exercise help with the gut/tummy area.

minniemom09
on 2/17/09 1:57 am - Drexel Hill, PA
I've lost a good amount of weight and my tummy is deflating but the loose skin is getting bad. Where my scars are from my 2 c-sections my tummy just folds over it. I've been doing regular cardio and weight for the upper body but am not sure what I should be doing to work on my lower abdomin and help that area? Any suggestions/advice? Thanks in advance.
Michelle
3/10/08 High 390   10/20/08 Surgery 335  Current 214   Goal 160

Seht
on 2/17/09 3:46 am
Well, if it is just extra skin, there isn't much you can do about it beyond surgery.
Either your body will take it up or it won't.  You can build muscle, which will fill some of the space, but there isn't an exercise that will make extra skin go away.

Crunches, Plank exercise, core strengthening will all help to strengthen and tone up that area.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 2/17/09 8:06 am - Missoula, MT
You may have some extra trouble with that area considering the C-sections.  The muscles never really heal from that. 

However, you might try some yoga or pilates classes.  Many of them really focus on core strengthening.  I'm 5 years post op and at a good fitness level but still need surgery for my belly area.  Hopefully that will be on the agenda within the next year.  The loose skin is still difficult for me to deal with while running.

Congratulations on your success so far!

Linn
Most Active