Late Exercise...

dreamgirl119
on 2/16/09 11:17 am - Lansdowne, PA
Is it a good thing or a bad thing????  I usually get home from work around 2:15am.  Sometimes I need to unwind and I have the urge to do some time on the Elliptical Bicycle or maybe even some time in the treadmill.  Is it not a good idea to exercise that early/late in the day or is anytime a good time?
Scott William
on 2/16/09 1:36 pm
Many gym's in urban areas are open 24 hours.  I would say, workout any time that works for you.  I can say that one night I worked a double shift and ran a race at 9am.  I got home and stared at the ciling for two hours because of the race.  Sleeping after the race didn't work for me but if you find something that works for you, go for it.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
dreamgirl119
on 2/16/09 1:53 pm - Lansdowne, PA
Thanks Scott, I really can't go to sleep when I come in from work so some time on the treadmill will do me good.
Rob S.
on 2/16/09 10:03 pm - DE
There is no best time to exercise, so only you can decide your best time.  Consistency is the key.  Pick a time and stick to it.  Some people have trouble exercising late and then sleeping, but for the most part, exercise should enhance your sleep patterns.  So late exercise is a good thing, if you do it.  Good luck.
Rob
Seht
on 2/17/09 12:39 am
Yeah for me the best I ever slept was after a late night martial arts class.
The instructor would work us so hard, that all I wanted to do was fall into bed when class was over.  I'd sleep the sleep of the dead after that class.

I like  that much better than getting up at 4:45 and going to the gym, which is what I currently have to do because of my schedule.

I am so over that, I can hardly wait to switch back to evening exercise.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active