Bike Ride Sunday

Seht
on 2/15/09 1:10 am

So my ride today will be a short one 3-5 miles each way.

The Tour of California http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/ rolls through town today, so I'm going to head down there to watch Lance Armstrong and Levi Leipheimer ride into town (Levi is a local boy).

The only down side is that it's pouring outside.  Hopefully I can make the ride in between downpours.

It should be an interesting day for the riders that's for sure.
Todays leg is from Davis CA. - Santa Rosa

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/docroot/media/2009/2009 -stage1-map.pdf

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

saxman007
on 2/15/09 6:27 am - Port Huron, MI
 That's too cool for you.  Can't wait to read the report!
Jce3g
on 2/15/09 7:27 am - MI
I just added Lance Armstrong to my twitter, it seems like he updates it often.  Apparently his time trial bike was stolen from their team truck.
Linn D.
on 2/15/09 9:33 am - Missoula, MT

Levi might be a local boy NOW, but he is actually from Butte, MT.  WE call him a local boy up here too!  You should see all the cars in Butte the last year or so with GO LEVI signs in the windows.

Linn
saxman007
on 2/15/09 9:43 am - Port Huron, MI
 Quick Hijack -- some of the best riding I've ever done was in your neck of the woods.  Stayed at Big Sky for about a week this summer.  Loved biking from the resort and heading towards yellowstone until I got picked up by the rest of family and we spent the day in the park.  Those hills sure did kick my a$$!  Would love to get back out that way, loved every bit of that area -- went through Missoula twice and we were impressed.
--Sax
Seht
on 2/15/09 11:04 am

Crap it was a miserable day out there.
I spent the morning going from tent to tent entering raffles, trying the new sports drinks and collecting the energy shots.
Picked up some info on some upcoming century rides etc.
I actualy eneded up leaving early.  I started having problems with my bike.
For some reason, it seemed to be jumping gears in my favorite ring combo.
I would be riding along and all of a sudden it's like the chain would slip.

We have a bike coalition here and they open their shop up on Thursdays and Sundays.  They will help you work on your bike.  I stopped by there and they couldn't get it to fail and couldn't figure out why it would be doing it.  I don't know why either.  It would be doing great, then all of a sudden the chain would jump a gear or slip.  The weird part is it happens in the most neutral of gears, middle ring front, middle ring range in the back, so there is no weird angles or anything like that.

So with the bike being a pain in the ass, I decided I should head home before the crowds and any potential problems with dropping a gear in an intersection or anything like that.

Oh well, maybe I'll win one of those $7000 bikes they were raffling off.  I also got to talk to a couple new bike stores that are opening.  We have a Trek store opening and a Giant store opening in our town.  That will make 5 quality bike stores within just a few miles of each other.  Hopefully that will mean some good price competition.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active