Saturday's workout

Rob S.
on 2/14/09 1:29 am - DE
It's great when the weather is great.  Went out for a nice 6-mile run in 59'30".
Rob
Cassie W.
on 2/14/09 2:47 am
Happy Valentine's Day!

I did my 1-hour spin class, followed by a 3-mile run to support the American Heart Association. 

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Mifiremedic
on 2/14/09 2:54 am - MI
I did 8 miles this morning with my run camp. I had only planned on 7 miles,but ended up with 8 miles after getting lost. Well not reallt lost, but took a wrong turn...
DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/14/09 3:10 am - Fort Worth, TX
Today was coooooooold!! I had 20 miles on the plate this morning, and with temps in the low 20's w/ wind chill coupled with my fingers being frozen, I cut it short at just under 17 miles. I am ready for my marathon in 2 weeks. I kept an average of 9:29 p/ mile pace and felt great afterwards. Then I went to the gym and busted out 2000 meters in the pool (1.25 miles) in 32:17. I have to say that doing a swim after a long run is the best way to loosen up. It took all the lactic acid out of my legs and I feel like I could go back out for another 15 miles no problem. Anyways, I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day. Take care.... 
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 2/14/09 4:16 am - Northern, CA
I did a brick!

First we road our bikes for 8 miles and then we practice transitioning and then ran for about 15 min.

I could not believe how rubbery my legs were. I really need to start strength training since I never make my Pilates class any more.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Linn D.
on 2/14/09 9:38 am - Missoula, MT
Personal opinion about bricks.  The more you do them, the more you get used to how your legs feel after biking.  It's not just about strength training, it's how hard you bike and then go running.  The first one is always bad.  They get better.

Linn
nikkib1216
on 2/14/09 6:20 am
today is one year since my surgery and just started a hip hop class.  boy it really kicked my butt.  i will be doing other forms of exercise during the week but this is a every saturday thing.  i wish i would have started this from the beginning!  oh well better late than never.

Nikki

Scott William
on 2/14/09 9:23 am
I did YOGA!!!  My gym is small and the instructor only had two people so she asked if I wanted to do it.  I said no but a minute later thought, "I have no where to be.  Might as well".  It was kind of fun.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Linn D.
on 2/14/09 9:40 am - Missoula, MT
A lot of what I read these days says incorporating some yoga is great for runners.  My goal is to take a basics class on Monday after work - while I'm already at the gym.

Linn
Scott William
on 2/14/09 9:47 am
After 5 minutes, my hip flexors were killing me.  Other than that it wasn't too bad.  I will do it again.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active