Thursday Workouts.....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/12/09 3:29 am, edited 2/12/09 7:40 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is well. Let's chime in and hear what ya'll did today...

I had an early appointment this morning so I only had time for a 2 mile swim (3200 meters) I finished in 55:26. I have been doing a lot of pull drills and tricept work, and I can feel and see the difference in my results on the swim. Anyways, I am anxious to hear what you guys did today. I will catch ya'll later....

UPDATE: This evening when I got home from work, I felt like going for a bike ride. I grabbed the cycle, headed out Northbound, pacing at 24-26 MPH ( Flying) I was feeling really good.... Until..... I hit the halfway point and turned it around to head home. I was faced with 15-20MPH winds on the way back... Brutality!!!! I kept a decent pace overall, averaging 18.9 MPH over the whole ride while keeping my heart rate in the low 130's. I ended doing a quick 15 miles and am feeling great. Take care.....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Deanna34
on 2/12/09 4:20 am - Salem, OR
I went to Spin class.  And it sucked!  The music was awful and didn't have a good beat to catch.  And not one song motivated me at all.  I hate that!  I need good music with a good heavy beat in order to keep me moving!!!  Oh well, I finished the class ...

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

saxman007
on 2/12/09 5:29 am - Port Huron, MI
 Gonna go for another 3 mile walk or so.  I fully expect the surgeon to ok me to get back to exercising Saturday -- last drain will be coming out (9 weeks!!!!!)  I'm so ready to get going again!

Elisa K.
on 2/12/09 8:35 am - Lumberton, NJ
I did a 3 mile run after work.
Vampi
on 2/12/09 12:34 pm - Mandeville, LA
Back up to doing 3 miles!! Woohoo!!  Absolutely no IT band issues right now (knock on wood)! 

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

Vicki PNW
on 2/12/09 12:49 pm
For Thursday:

1 hour group class called "Group Active" that increases our cardio fitness, builds our strength, and improves our balance and flexibility.  It involves 1/3 step, 1/3 lifting barbells, and 1/3 floor exercises.
15 minutes on stationary recumbent bike.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on rowing machine.

Walked UP 3 flight of stairs to my appt and back down after appt without stopping, getting bushed, or catching my breath at all.
Walked UP very steep incline from one building to another (two buildings away) and back down, also without stopping, slowing down, getting bushed, or catching my breath at all.
Didn't ride any elevator UP anywhere for the first time in a very long time.  That felt very good!
Working those inclines on the treadmill really helped me get around on a very steep hill!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

MacMadame
on 2/12/09 1:23 pm - Northern, CA
Stationary Bike, 45 min. I did "Random Hill" this time. I think I need to start doing some hill work.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Linn D.
on 2/12/09 1:34 pm - Missoula, MT

I made it up for a spin class before school today.  Unlike Deanna, I had a GREAT class.

Made it to the doc this afternoon between classes for some antibiotics (finally) for my sinus infection so hopefully I'll be sleeping better soon.  Breathing is one of those silly required activities, and not sleeping well has made the workouts much harder than they should be.

Linn
Rob S.
on 2/12/09 8:55 pm - DE
Four mile run on the dreadmill.  Can't wait till the weather gets back to tolerable so I can run outside again.
Rob
Most Active