Might be a silly question

Arin B.
on 2/10/09 5:54 am
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting here, but I was really hoping to get some feedback... I am just over a year out from my RNY, and I have done very well. I was a lightweight, but am still not yet at goal. I have about 8 pounds to go. Seems like nothing, but its super hard. I have slipped a little on my diet, so I am pushing to get back on track there, but I am concerned about my exercise. I have been going 5 days per week for the last 6 weeks or so, and I have been feeling really great. I do kickboxing twice a week, and then a leg and butt work out on those days, Abs and strong pump 2 days, and then I throw in a challenge day (its an amazing class that combines weights and cardio, very intense work outs). I feel like I am doing well, but then I sometimes feel like its not enough. I toss a weekend class or two in whenever I can, but it takes so much time.

I guess I am just looking for reassurance about what I am doing. On the days when I am working with weights, I am also trying to run on my own after (weather permitting). I just want the best body possible!! Am I on the right track? Thank you in advance!!
Hawgman
on 2/11/09 12:26 am - TX
I will let the more experienced on this board comment on the technicalities of your work out routine, but on the surface you are kicking some serious a$$.  Keep up the good work!!
Scott William
on 2/11/09 12:33 am
I am not sure what some of those things are.  I would say that if you are getting your heart rate to 75 or 80% of its max and sustaining that for 30 minutes 5 times a week, that is good for cardio.   The weight training will build muscle and more muscle burns more calories at rest so even when you are sitting watching TV, you burn more if you have more muscle.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active