Tuesday Workouts....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/9/09 11:34 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is well. Let's hear what ya'll did today:

I got to the gym a little late this morning, wanted to swim 5,000 meters, but not enough time.... I was able to get in 3200 meters (2 miles) in 56:17. I hope ya'll have  a good day and I look forward to hearing what everyone did.....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 2/9/09 11:55 pm
I was disgruntled at the gym today.  The TM I like wasn't working and its the only one with a TV.  I was only able to do about a half mile before I became a baby and quit.  I did some legs and stretched though. 

Good job on your swimming!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Deanna34
on 2/10/09 4:19 am - Salem, OR
Hey!  I went to a Spin class at the gym this morning.  They are launching new music this week and I won a drawing for a free fitness assessment with a personal trainer.  Cool!

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Mifiremedic
on 2/10/09 5:34 am - MI
I went for another lunch time run during an absolutely beautiful day here in Michigan. One of my co-workers seen me running the other day, and wanted to join me. Of courses I said, yes. Once I figured out he hadnt run since last Summer, I knew I was in for a slow run. After about the first mile, we had to result to a 1 minute run, and 1 minute walk. So my normal 25-27 minute run ended up taking 37 minutes. I hardly got my heart rate up, but if I can help another fella get in shape, then its worth it.

So to answer the question I did 2.77 mile run (walk) in 37 minutes. I might need to do something else tonight when I get home.

Curt
Rob S.
on 2/10/09 9:11 am - DE
Ran four miles on the indoor track at the gym.  Signed up three people for my Colorectal Cancer team starting in March.  Swam 12 laps in the pool to get some of my 30-day triathalon completed.  I have about 50 laps left to do, but since I have already completed the 26 mile running and 112 miles on the bike, I'm not too concerned about finishing in the next 10 days.
Rob
Cassie W.
on 2/10/09 9:21 am
Hi all . . .here's today's workout:

-2.5 mile run on the treadmill including 2 miles at 9:50 pace.
-2 sets upper body on the Cybex equipment.
-50-minute spin class (my friend twisted my arm).

Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 2/10/09 10:09 am - Missoula, MT

I had such a rotten day today that I was more than happy to get to a spin class this afternoon.  It's what I planned anyway, but that's beside the point.  It was a great class.

On the other hand, I did finally get into the Danskin Seattle triathlon this coming August.  It took me till 1:00 this afternoon to not get kicked off the server and make it all the way through the registration process.  Talk about frustration.  I really enjoy events that are all women, though.  Lots of great energy.

Linn

Vicki PNW
on 2/10/09 11:44 am
For Tuesday:
3 rounds of circuit training, working with weight-resistant machines.
30 minutes on treadmill, averaging 3.0 mph with 5.0 incline.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on stationary recumbent bike.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.  (had power outage for about 5 minutes while on bike; kept on biking! )
No rowing machine today.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

MacMadame
on 2/10/09 1:50 pm - Northern, CA
I did fartlets! I'm still not sure what they are. But I did them anyway. Three of them.

We ran at an easy pace for 2.5 laps, then a hard pace for 1.5 laps, then 30 seconds of rest, then rinse and repeat.

It took me an hour to do three of them. Anyone have any idea how many miles that comes out to?

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/10/09 6:30 pm - Fort Worth, TX
If you were running on a normal size track, each lap equals 400 meters. 1600 meters roughly equals a mile. if you did 3 repeats of 2.5 laps easy and 1.5 hard that equals a little over 3 miles. Have a good one...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active