Disney Runners

saxman007
on 2/8/09 7:37 am - Port Huron, MI
Scott and anyone else who did the Disney marathon/Goofy challenge got a question for you.  What does the registration fee include?  One of my buddies up here is considering joining me on this and he's wondering what exactly the registration money covers since the Goofy Challenge isn't cheap!  I'm pretty sure it's shirt/medal for each the 1/2 and full marathons + at least a medal for the Goofy, what about a shirt for the Goofy?  Are these technical shirts or just cotton ones?
Do you get to stay in Epcot after the races or do you have to buy a ticket.  Discount on hotel rooms?  We're both high school band directors and have brought our bands down several times so it's not crucial to go to the parks, but would be nice.  
Thanks for the info!
--Sax
Scott William
on 2/8/09 11:09 pm
When you go to the Expo to pick up your packet you will get a blue band placed on your wrist.  It has to stay there until you finish the 1/2 at which time you get a Donald medal.  Once you get the medal, you go to the Goofy tent where they take off the blue band and put on an orange one.  You have to keep that on until you finish the full.  Once you finish the full you get the Mickey medal and proceed to the Goofy tent again.  Once they cut off the orange band they give you the Goofy medal.  That is when the sobbing and uncontrolable tears start, (oh, thats just me :) ). 

At the expo you will get three long sleeve tech shirts.  I must say that they are pretty cool.  You obviously pay a lot for them so I guess they should be cool.

During the 26th mile you run through Epcot and right out the side enterance.  Once you are out you need a ticket to get back in. 

Last year we booked a marathon packege but I think that the only thing that did was get us closser to the main building.  The price was the same otherwise.

Lastly, I think the Goofy is  about 80% full so it may go quickly with people getting nervous about it selling out.  The half will fill up about mid-summer and the full in the fall.

Talk your buddy into it.  It is expensive but to do it once - AWESOME!!!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Scott William
on 2/9/09 12:05 am

This is what the $280 will get you assuming you finish.  The shirts are from 08 which was the 15th anniversary year.  I think that they are typically white and the Goofy is typically grey.  The 09 are in the wash because I wear them all the time!!!  You can see the three medals.  They were changed a bit for this year.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/09 4:14 pm - Grand Rapids, MI
Sweet SCOTT! I'm heading down to Goofy with a co worker, his girlfriend and any other idiot we can sucker into a weekend of warmth away from the frozen wasteland that is West Michigan. Great picture!
Most Active