OMG I got a n ew exercise ball and

sara772779
on 2/7/09 10:39 am - Allen, TX
got the best workout I've had in years just doing the stretching.  The ball came with a 30 minute DVD to exercise with.  I did manage to get through the entire 30 minutes and tackled most of the repititions.  I really enjoyed the high intensity workout even though it was completely low impact. 

I can't wait to see some results after keeping this up for 3 days per week this month.   I am stepping up my workouts from walking, step aerobics and Wii Sports/Fit. 

Are there anyt DVDs you'd recommend for me to keep it exciting?

I weighed 313 pounds on December 1, 2008 the day of my RNY surgery and have lost 81% 
of my excess body weight to-date.                                        Current as of November 1, 2009
OH Mini-Challenge Goal for New Year's Day is 170 pounds. 11 pounds to go!
Cassie W.
on 2/7/09 10:08 pm
Hi Sara,

I can't recommend any DVDs, but I did want to welcome you to the Exercise and Fitness boards.  This is a great place to come for motivation, support and information.   The exercise ball will help you strengthen your core which will help you with any other workout that you do.

I bought my kids each one for Christmas to use as "video chairs."   When they do play on the TV, I know that they are engaging their core while they play.  Of course they don't know that it's good for them.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Raquel_121008
on 2/8/09 3:16 am - Houston, TX
Sara,

Who is the manufacture of your work out Ball and DVD??

Raquel

sara772779
on 2/11/09 9:34 pm - Allen, TX
Raquel,
I bought the Gold's Gym brand at WalMart.  The ball came with the DVD for about $17/$18.  It is a weighted ball.

I didn't enjoy my husband watching me do it so I went back to WalMart on Sunday and got him a ball.  The sports guy told me that he was setting up some clearance stuff and took me to see.  I picked up a Danskin brand ball and DVD set for $6.  The Danskin ball is not weighted, though.  

I would absolutely recommend you get one.  I like the Gold's Gym DVD better. 

Good luck.
Sara

I weighed 313 pounds on December 1, 2008 the day of my RNY surgery and have lost 81% 
of my excess body weight to-date.                                        Current as of November 1, 2009
OH Mini-Challenge Goal for New Year's Day is 170 pounds. 11 pounds to go!
Most Active