Who's in CT again? I got a new sponsorship, so I think I'll be racing...

Sherry_Berry
on 2/7/09 4:08 am - Dacula, GA
the rev3 triathlon! It's June 7th in Middlebury or wherever lake quassy is!

I got the email this morning that said I'm now on Team Trakkers. It's this new GPS tracking unit. It's really cool. It has live tracking at races. Way better than Ironman tracking fo' sho! If trakkers is at the race, you can see exactly where I am on the course, and where everyone else is too!

It also has the info available for download after your race or training session so you can analyze whatever it is you need to analyze.

Anyhoo...best part (to me) is that it's WATERPROOF. You can't take your garmin on a swim...

More to come laterz.
Mifiremedic
on 2/7/09 8:02 am - MI
Sherry,

How do you go about getting a sponsor? WHat does it cover? Entrance fees? Its a curiousity of mine.

Thanks, and congratulations.

Curt
Sherry_Berry
on 2/7/09 10:30 am - Dacula, GA
Oh, and some other ways to get sponsorships is email the company you like and ask.

Here's the website...there's really not a whole lot of info on the net yet.

http://www.trakkersgps.com/

Sherry_Berry
on 2/7/09 10:26 am - Dacula, GA
Sponsorships are oddities.

I think Dancbjammin got his surgeon to pay for his races. I tried that on mine...he didn't understand the concept. His loss :D

Anyhoo-right now I'm sponsored by skirt sports and Trakkers. I get clothing from skirt and I don't have all the info on my benefits on the trakkers-so I'm not gonna post that yet.

The skirt thing came about b.c they opened up sponsorships last year and all my online friends applied. Well...I said WTH and applied and got into their elite entourage. I got a clothing allowance and 50% off anything over my allowance and some other free stuff. I love my skirts!
Two of us from that particular forum got in...I don't know the total # of applicants, but I know it was some tough competition.

The trakkers thing came about by a post on another forum. Over 500 people applied. I got in the top 50, they narrowed it down more. One of my friends heard over a week ago and got in...so I'm kinda thinking I might've been lower on the "winner's" totem poll? Said friend went to worlds last year and will be going again!!!

Most Active