Friday's Workout! ...and a tiny rant

Scott William
on 2/6/09 1:26 am
Today was a cross training day so I set the TM at 15% and went for 28 minutes (1100 vert ft.).  Total distance was 1.75 miles in about 37 min.

I also did Bi's and Back.

My hamstrings are very sore (like I over stretched) even though I did nothing different than any other day.  I will let them rest a bit.

How about you?

....and I dont want to hear any "only's" or "just's".  There is no only or just for a WLS patient.  If you did a mile at 2 mph -- GOOD FOR YOU!!!  Celebrate your mile.  It is probably a mile more than you (we) would have done as a pre-op.

Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MacMadame
on 2/6/09 3:33 am - Northern, CA
I like your rant.

It's only noon here. I'll post again when I figure out what I'm going to do today and actually do it.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Seht
on 2/6/09 5:55 am
I did a 1.5 miles worth of walking and sprinting as a warm up on the treadmill then 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Elisa K.
on 2/6/09 6:31 am - Lumberton, NJ
I snuck out of work early today so that I could get a run in during the daylight.  I did 3.71 miles.  

I really enjoyed today's run.  Today was one of those days where I let my mind wonder, and just enjoy the fact that I was running, the sun is shining, I looked good in my new running pants, and life is good
Cassie W.
on 2/6/09 10:54 am
Today was 4 miles on the treadmill, including 3.1 miles at a 10:02 pace.  I did 20 minutes on a spin bike to loosen up the hips afterwards.

Tomorrow, I will be meeting with my new running coach to plan my 2009 season.  Assuming that I can remain injury free, I want to run the Vermont City Marathon in 4.5 hours Memorial Day weekend. 

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 2/7/09 10:33 am - Missoula, MT
Guilty.  Glad you posted this. 

Many of us are still our own worst critics and think we have to do more and better.  It doesn't always work that way.  Sometimes it's the body, sometimes it's the mind.  I'll try to do better.

No Friday workout, just thought I'd post anyway.

Linn
Most Active