Running Shoes

victoria R.
on 2/5/09 4:47 am - goose creek, SC

I wanted to hear how often or how many miles do you get out of your running shoes before getting another pair and what are some of the cues which indicate it may be time for a new pair.  Mine look brand new however I feel I may need to visit the running store tommorow for a back up pair. 

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/5/09 5:10 am - Fort Worth, TX
I usually run on my shoes until my big toe is peeking through the rubber sole, or until the sole completely seperates from the shoe, but just in the front so it looks like a tongue hanging off! Actually, that is why I am now running in Crocs!!   (LOL at the first couple sentences) Seriously though, you should switch out your shoes after about 500 miles, however long that takes you to hit. You will know it's time for new shoes when you start getting knee pain or leg pain in places you haven't had it before, If it's been a while, deff go down to the running store and get you some! My Humble Opinion. Take care girl...

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Cassie W.
on 2/5/09 5:59 am
I'm tough on shoes, so mine usually only last about 400 miles before I have to retire them.   My running log gives me the quantitative data, but my shins are what gives me the nod that its time to get a new pair.  They start to ache when the cushioning is gone.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Elisa K.
on 2/5/09 8:49 am - Lumberton, NJ
I'm pretty hard on my shoes - I change about every 3 months.  Now that I am increasing my weekly mileage, with the goal of working toward a marathon, I will probably need to change a little more often.  

Best thing to do is, go and try on a new pair.  I tend to wear out my left shoe first, so I feel uneven.  When I try on new shoes, I feel even - LOL! 
Linn D.
on 2/5/09 11:45 am - Missoula, MT
I change shoes when my feet or knees start to hurt.  I don't journal anything, so I just have to guestimate that I wear shoes for 350 miles or so.  I weigh between 155-160 and use lighter shoes so I know they won't last as long.

I give a lot of shoes to Goodwill.

Linn
Scott William
on 2/6/09 1:19 am
I get about 300 - 400 miles out of a pair.  I don't usually notice that they are worn out until I take a run in the new ones.  That is when I realize that I actually did need new ones.  I get a pair about every 5 months.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active