Thursday Workouts & A PR To Boot....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/5/09 12:05 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

It's 10pm and I hadn't seen the thread start so here goes....

Today I ran a PR....5K in 23:27. That's just a hair over 7:40 minute miles!! I am stoked! Then I went and swam a short 800 meters and was done for the day. I hope you all are well and I look forward to hearing what you all did. Take care...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 2/5/09 3:24 pm - Northern, CA
I was excited today too. I'm a very slow running and today I ran my entire routine on 4.8 on the treadmill. I *never* do that. I can do 4.8 for a while, but pretty soon I'm back down to 4.7 or even 4.6.

Anyway, 47 min., 3.39 miles, walked 3, ran 30, walked 4, ran until I hit 5k and walked the rest.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Elisa K.
on 2/5/09 8:36 pm - Lumberton, NJ
It was very cold in NJ on Thursday, so I had to run my 3 miles on the dreadmill at the gym.  It is supposed to warm up over the weekend - I can't wait to run in sunshine and warmer temps! 
Hawgman
on 2/6/09 12:11 am - TX
3 miles in 41.08.  Have to get that down, but at least I'm out there getting after it.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/6/09 12:16 am - Fort Worth, TX
That's great bro! Keep working on it you will for sure improve your time. Keep it up dude...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 2/6/09 1:16 am
Way to go Dan.  PR's rule!!!

I did mile repeats (3) at 9:00, 8:30 and 8:00 and 4.25 total.
I also did heavy leg work.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Linn D.
on 2/6/09 2:38 am - Missoula, MT
My Thursday morning started with a 50-min spin class.  Went to classes, then rather than go home and fall asleep, I went back to the gym for a speed workout on the TM (4.4 miles in 38 min).

Finally, after the run, I GOT INTO THE POOL!.  Haven't been there since the last tri in August, so since there's one coming up in April I figured I better get at it.  Somehow, I managed 1000 yd in 28 minutes.  Arms are sore today, but I expected that.

Then I went back to school for lab.  Good day for me.

Linn
PplAmanda
on 2/6/09 12:32 pm - Benton, AR
Better late than never...

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then 30 on the stationary bike. I did a 20 minute circuit workout without the aerobic portion.

On a positive note: the scale is FINALLY moving again. Being a post op blob for a month slowed me down, but didn't stop me :)
Most Active