Spinners...what shoes?

goat
on 2/2/09 7:14 am - NC
I've been taking spin classes 2-3 X's/week for almost a year and I was wondering if having cycle shoes make that much of a difference. They are pricey, but if they're worth it, I'd spend the money. Thoughts?
Linn D.
on 2/2/09 12:16 pm - Missoula, MT
I've been wearing bike shoes for a couple years now and I'd never go back.  There have been a few times I made it to class without them and was sorry.  The bike shoes are hard-soled and make it much easier to get a good pedal stroke.  I find a big difference riding the bike outside as well.

I paid about $80 for mine and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Linn
Rob S.
on 2/2/09 8:37 pm - DE

Spinning shoes are definitely worth  it.  With the shoes you get to pull with the legs, instead of just pushing, so you get a much more efficient ride.  I cannot attend a spinning class anymore without spinning shoes.
Rob

goat
on 2/3/09 12:36 am - NC
Thanks! I found a coupon online and went to REI and got some. I spent right around $110 for the shoes and clips. I used them today and I can tell a big difference. They definitely seem worth the money.
Richbehr
on 2/5/09 3:56 am - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
I would spin without them. I got them at Bike Nashbar and got a good deal.

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."

Most Active