Recumbent stationary bike question

GlitterGal
on 1/31/09 4:24 am - Edmond, OK
I'm buying a recumbent stationary bike this weekend and have a few questions.  My main questions is what are the watts?  Are you supposed to get to a certain watts range?  Should I just concentrate on my target heart range and not speed or distance? 

Now I know that everyone has an opinion but how often and how long you should exercise but do you think 5 times a week for 30 minutes each time be enough?

I'm so uninformed about exercise!  I've been doing the treadmill since surgery and got a little bored.  I've been using the recumbent at the gym and love it!

Thanks for any input!

Kim

Linn D.
on 1/31/09 1:01 pm - Missoula, MT
Really Kim, the best exercise for you is the one you'll do.  It really is helpful for a lot of people to mix things up so you don't get bored so easily.  Remember that moving is something you do for your health for the long haul.

At this point I think getting your heart rate up for 30 minutes is the primary goal.  As your cardiovascular fitness improves you might need more, but what you're doing is probably good for now.

Linn
GlitterGal
on 1/31/09 11:43 pm - Edmond, OK
Thanks Linn!  And congratulations on your fabulous weight loss success.  You are an inspiration to all of us that did this after you.

I'm buying the recumbent bike today and I'm excited.  I'm so happy that I'm excited!  But you're right that I need to do something that I will continue to do for life.

Thanks again!  Happy Sunday!

Most Active