Sunday Workouts... Come on people Join in

Mifiremedic
on 2/1/09 12:19 am - MI
Well its Super Bowl Sunday, and sunny here in Michigan. It's a balmy 30 degrees. So I couldnt waste the sunshine and nice weather.

Well I got out for a nice easy Sunday morning run. Not sure why I ran today, because I typically dont like to run after a long run.

I did 3.47 miles in 39 minutes. Yes, it was very slow, but legs were a tight heavy and tired. It was great to get out, but I dont I will run again the day after my long run.

Come on peeps, share with us what you did.

Curt
Vampi
on 2/1/09 2:19 am - Mandeville, LA
Ran a 5k this morning at the Mardi Gras Marathon 5k!!!  Woo HOO!!  Got to see my first marathon and half marathon too!  

We stayed around for a long time after the 5k just to watch the half and full marathoners finish.  It was awesome to see!  

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

Mifiremedic
on 2/1/09 2:23 am - MI
Great job on your 5K this morning. So how was your 5K?
Vampi
on 2/1/09 8:51 pm - Mandeville, LA

I did okay!  I wasn't trying to go fast since I still have this little IT band problem, so I took my time and said hello to all the police working the race and thanked all the volunteers handing ou****er during the race.  I just decided that I wasn't going to be fast, so I had to at least have fun and RUN HAPPY!  I had a great time... but my "time" sucked!  LOL 

Scott William
on 2/1/09 2:56 am
Way to go.  Did the 1/2 and full get you excited?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Vampi
on 2/1/09 8:47 pm - Mandeville, LA
OMG, YES!!  I saw my first Kenyan running... he came in first in the 1/2 marathon. 

And watching everyone's emotions as the crossed the finished line was great... I wanted to cry quite a few times.  It was awesome!  We even saw two people collapse!  I absolutely loved it!  Watching how hard it was for some people was inspiring that they managed to finished, but the people who collapsed kind scared me a little. 

Maybe next year I can to the half marathon. 

Scott William
on 2/1/09 2:58 am
I did the TM @ 15% grade for a mile (700 vert feet) and another mile jogging.  My HR was 185 when I ran for 45 seconds at the 15%.

Then I did a pull workout with Biceps and Back. 
Scott

Cassie W.
on 2/1/09 4:02 am
I embraced Mother Nature and took my sons downhill skiing today for about 4 hours.  It's been a couple of years since I've hit the slopes.  It's beautiful, but those boots sure are murder.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Scott William
on 2/1/09 12:22 pm
Hope your hips held up. 
Scott

Linn D.
on 2/1/09 4:24 am - Missoula, MT
After being a slug for the past 2 days (school and work don't count), I went to an hour spin class then did 2.25 miles on the TM.  I really waanted to run for longer, but I had a tight hamstring and decided not to pu****  Then again, I'm kind of still in the recovery phase after the marathon and still trying to train for the first tri of the year.

This coming week's goal:  pool 3 times (doesn't matter how long, just do it), 3 spin classes, and 3 runs (one of them minimum 5 miles).

So, since the hammy was bugging me, it's appropriate that there's an article on stretching it in the new Runner's World mag.  Nice how things like that turn out.

Linn
Most Active