Saturday Workouts....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/31/09 2:38 am - Fort Worth, TX

What a gorgeous morning!!! It was actually in the 60's....Yes!!!!  So I finally got in a longer run which was desperately needed. I got in 13 miles in 2:10:17 which is a perfect 10 minute mile which is what I am shooting for in my marthon in Feb. I then went to the gym and swam 2000Meters in 36:47. I am finally on the mend and this congestion is finally going Bye-Bye so I can get back to grinding it out. I hope everyone is well and I look forward to hearing from you all!

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Cassie W.
on 1/31/09 4:55 am
Hey Dan,  gotta love when the weather cooperates now that your marathon is so close.  Nice job on the pacing.

Today was a one-hour spin class, followed by a 3-mile easy run.  My kids want to go downhill skiing tomorrow, but I'm on the fence.   It's supposed to be a beautiful day, but I'm still feeling a little protective of my hip.

Cassie 
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Elisa K.
on 1/31/09 6:24 am - Lumberton, NJ
I did a 3.7 mile run this afternoon.  It is still cold here in NJ - about 29 degrees.  I was nice to run in the sunshine - I don't get to do that too often.

We are doing the Mid Winter 5K tomorrow - the temps are supposed to be in the 40's - that's downright balmy - LOL!!
Mifiremedic
on 1/31/09 8:05 am - MI
60's? 60's? Dont tell me that...

It was a mere 9 degrees this morning, with a decent wind. I did 5 miles this morning with my half marathon group in like 43 mins.

My eyes lids would freeze shut while running. It was by far the crazyest run Ive had to date. Even with the cold temps, it was a very good run.

I didnt have any problems with my burned, blistered over toes, but I did get a hot spot on my arch. I traced it back to the insole. Its actually a defect with Nike's insole. I now have a Mizuno insole inmy Nike zooms.

Be well, everyone
Aims
on 1/31/09 9:12 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
I am down to a 11:50 minute mile, woot!!!! I only did 1.5 miles b/c I am working on achieving a 10 min mile and getting my MPH up to 6.0 ~ I just hit 5.8 today, yay!

My treadmill shorted out in the middle of running and I pulled a muscle in my glut, OUCH!

Amy

Scott William
on 1/31/09 10:11 pm
Nothing annoys me more than treadmill malfunctions during a run.  Way to go with the 1.5 and keep pushing for the 10 mm.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MaryS
on 1/31/09 11:53 am - Long Island, NY
I'm more than a little jealous of your weather! I got out in temps around 10 with the wind chill factor and did 2.7 mile run. It was great to run outside even with the cold weather - it is just so much better than the treadmill in my opinion.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Mifiremedic
on 1/31/09 7:44 pm - MI
Mary,

I agree with you.....
Scott William
on 1/31/09 10:14 pm
I wish I wasn't such a weather woosie!  For me to run out side it has to be between 50-72 and calm and dry and light and sunny but not too sunny....  I am kidding but I do hit the treadmill a lot and I'd rather run outside.
Scott

Scott William
on 1/31/09 10:19 pm
Sat was a leg day for me.  There was a guy lurking around who looked like he knew his way around a gym.  I had to assert my status as the top dog so it became a leg day. 

anyway...

leg press 765 - 8 @ 3 sets
leg extensions 180 - 8 @ 3 sets
hamstring curls 135 - 8 @ 3 sets

also:
20 min stretching and some minor core work.
Scott

Most Active