running and implants - any experience anyone?

clring5
on 1/30/09 2:20 pm - Colorado Springs, CO

Hi I am a runner and run about 15 miles per week. After losing 100+ lbs, I am in need of a breast lift and implants more from a reconstructive perspective than vanity! I love being thin and don't mind being flat chested after years of being so large up top. 

My question is for those of you that also run long distances, has anyone had implants or a breast lift and any advice from the angle of it not interfering with your running? My worry is that implants or larger breasts will interfere with my mileage goals. I'd like to run a half marathon this year.

Any advice is appreciated!

Surgery date: Oct 11,2007; Goal Reached July 1, 2008.

Thank God for second chances.

Sherry_Berry
on 1/30/09 9:24 pm - Dacula, GA
I've had a lift and implants. Implants for vanity. Lift out of necessity. I didn't want huge honkers, but if you just get the lift it will leave you looking empty. The doctor gave me implants which fit my body, not looking too big or small.

I have 38Ds.

With that said, I've done 3 Ironman triathlons, each which have a marathon at the end.

So. No, just buy a good bra.
Mifiremedic
on 1/31/09 12:35 am - MI
clring5
on 1/31/09 7:17 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Oh good! I'm so glad to hear that. Thanks for replying

Elisa K.
on 1/31/09 9:54 am - Lumberton, NJ
That's good to know Sherry - I hope to buy myself some new boobies someday - LOL!!

I would think as long as you wear a good sports bra, you would be fine.  I currently am sporting a pair of sad 34 D's and I have no problems - I wear an encapsulating bra from Champion - nothing moves in that sucker - LOL!!
Mifiremedic
on 1/31/09 12:33 am - MI
ummmmm, ughhhhhhh. Never mind, I better be good...haha
clring5
on 1/31/09 7:18 am - Colorado Springs, CO
LOL it is like opening a can of worms isn't it?

Mifiremedic
on 1/31/09 8:20 am - MI
Well sorta, but you leave it just to easy for someone to leave their opinion. Even if it wasnt the answer youwere looking for.. haha
Sherry_Berry
on 2/1/09 6:10 am - Dacula, GA
I got nice boobies. Anyhoo...is that bra a t-back? So far enell is the only bra where I don't look like I'll get a black eye. Fo' shizzle, but it has a VERY FULL BACK! Hate that sucker. I call it the battle bra!
Deanna34
on 2/2/09 7:54 am - Salem, OR
Ugh, I am in serious need of a lift after losing 140 pounds!  However, since I am unable to have that done (hey, maybe I'll win the lottery!), I have to live with my size 34 DDD/Gs ... is it NOT fun to run with them.  Seriously!  Trying to find a sports bra isn't fun.  They bounce, they chafe, they make my running uncomfortable!  

So, go for the lift, maybe some reasonably sized implants ... and find a good bra!  Maybe even double up on bras (I have to).  I'm sure you'll be fine!

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Most Active