Supplements

victoria R.
on 1/29/09 2:47 am, edited 1/29/09 2:48 am - goose creek, SC
Hello,
I was wondering if any of you take supplements, if so what and what does it do for you and could you tell a difference .  Thanks in advance.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

kypdurran
on 1/29/09 3:23 am - Baton Rouge, LA

I take:

B12, Fish Oil, GNC Active Men's Multivitamin, Jet Fuel, Milk Thistle & Vitamin C.    I've also taken an ephedra pill and CoQ10 in the past.   I get the same energy effect from the Jet Fuel without the jitters.   I quit taking the CoQ10 because it was just so damn expensive.   I was also taking Calcium at one point as well until my doc told me that my prostrate was gonna swell up like a grapefruit if I kept taking it. 

When I DON'T take my vitamins I notice a significant difference.   Tired, sluggish and I generally feel like crud.

Chad

MacMadame
on 1/29/09 4:25 pm - Northern, CA
A better question would be what am I NOT taking?

1500 mg calcium citrate
3000 IU Vitamin D
2x multivitamin
50 mg coenzyme Q10
3 flax seed oil caps (3 g of fat)
2000 mg fish oil
and another multi for Hair, Skin and Nails that is mostly biotin but has some other stuff

All but the first 3 are supposed to stop my hair from falling out. They don't do buttkiss as far as I can see. (My hair started falling out at 1.5 weeks so I think it's due to a deficiency and not the shock of surgery.)

But the omega-3 fatty acids and coenzyme Q10 are supposed to be good for you in general. It's been 1.5 weeks and I haven't noticed any big differences, but I'll keep taking them until they run out and then decide if I should continue.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Linn D.
on 1/29/09 10:05 pm - Missoula, MT

Hi Vicki,

I take a chewable multi every day, a 1000 ug sublingual B12 twice a week, and ferrous gluconate 2-3 days a week when I think about it.  I researched forms of iron and this form absorbs lower in the intestine so it actually helps.

The change is gradual when my iron gets low, but unfortunately very obvious by the time I'm anemic.  By that time every workout seems hard and it's difficult to stay awake and focus.

Linn

Most Active