Injury Report! What's holding you back?

Vampi
on 1/27/09 6:18 am - Mandeville, LA
What injuries are you currently suffering from due to your surgeon, exercises, whatever?  I am currently "taking it easy" because of an IT band in my left leg.   I went camping this weekend, fell and busted my right knee pretty bad which was followed by a trip to the hospital and x-rays.  This new "active" lifestyle is something to get used to! 

So, what are you suffering from?  How long are you out for? and what are you doing besides your regular work out?

My misery would like some company.  LOL 

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

Mifiremedic
on 1/27/09 7:38 am - MI
Well I am babying some burned toes. Now the burnt blisters are starting to heal and get hard. So its now causing some discomfort. I think tomorrow I will try a run during lunch, and maybe a swim after work.

I will join you on the misery bench. (OUCH)....
Vampi
on 1/27/09 9:18 pm - Mandeville, LA
Burned toes?  OUCH!! 

Let me know how that attempt at running goes! 

Mifiremedic
on 1/28/09 1:37 am - MI
Yeah, thats what I get for working on my boiler furnace with socks on, and no shoes. As I was purging the pipes of ho****er a large burst air entered the hose, and it started spitting all over the place. As a result 200 degree water found my little toes.

I was gonna run today during lunch, but were in the middle of snow, and it doesnt look fun outside.

Thanks for asking...

Curt
Brian W.
on 1/27/09 2:00 pm - Belmont, CA
Not injured, just dealing with general soreness in my knees, especially the left one, so I've taken to icing them down after I run.

Hill sprints are supposed to help in preventing injury, so my program incorporates them.  I did 3 tonight after my run

Brian
~350
Vampi
on 1/27/09 9:20 pm - Mandeville, LA
Knee soreness?  UGH, that's how my stupid IT band issue started. 

I really need to get on the treadmill to do some hill work.  Here is the swamps of Louisiana, the only hill work with get is running over crawfish mud holes. 

How long have you been running?

Elisa K.
on 1/27/09 8:11 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I'm sorry Vampi - it sucks to be injured!!  I herniated a disk in 2 places in 1993, and my back has never been the same (now I have degenerative disk disease).  It is much improved, now that I've lost 200 lbs, but it still likes to act up and give me trouble.  Right now my right hamstring is talking to me, but I can't tell if is muscle strain, or just my sciatic nerve being annoying. 

I recently found an awesome Chiropractor who keeps me running!! 

Take care of yourself!!
Vampi
on 1/27/09 9:25 pm - Mandeville, LA
Yep, I'm miserable, but I'm working on it.  I managed to get out and walked 3 miles yesterday... jogged a little, maybe a half mile. 

I really need to just buck up and go to a chiropractor, tons of people on OH have recommended some great stuff to help.  Guess I am just nervous about it (the unknown).  

Does running help your back though?  Or does it help make it feel better?

Elisa K.
on 1/27/09 10:57 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I used to get all crippled up - crooked where I couldn't even stand up straight, but (knock on wood) that hasn't happened in a while.  I stopped taking dance classes - since I've stopped, I haven't had many back issues.  I think the stretching and some of the warmup stuff we did in the beginning of dance class used to hurt my back. 

I highly recommend a chiropractor.  I suffered many years with back pain - I just sucked it up.  I started seeing the chiropractor about a year ago, because now that I've had surgery, I can't take the NSAIDS that I used to take when my back was really bad.  

Good luck!!  
victoria R.
on 1/27/09 10:17 pm - goose creek, SC

Hey
Sorry you're having some issues right now but hopefully they'll be clearing up very soon.  The only thing I'm dealing with now is the skin graph on my nose isnt completely healed so I'm afraid to go swimming.  I havnt been in almost 2 weeks but by next week I should be good to go.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Most Active