Tuesday's workout!

Scott William
on 1/27/09 1:36 am
I hit the gym nice and early today.  I did a quick 4 miles on the TM after a 15 minute stretching routine.  After the running was my pull day (muscle groups that involve pulling Biceps and Back).  I did about 4 sets for each group and called it a day.

When I was there a guy asked what to do about some pain behind his knee.  I told him it sounded like IT Band stuff and gave him a few stretches.  About ten minutes later a gal came to me on the TM and asked if I could show her some stretches for the low back.  She was astounded that I was doing 25 more minutes.  Glad she missed the days I was on there for 3 hours.  She might have fainted.  Anyway, it seems like I am the new personal trainer for the gym.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Seht
on 1/27/09 2:37 am
1/2 hour on the stationary bike
1/2 hour on the elliptical

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Elisa K.
on 1/27/09 9:12 am - Lumberton, NJ
Since I was a hungover slug on Sunday, I had to do my 5 mile long run tonight - that's ok - I had fun on Sat night!! 
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/27/09 9:12 am - Fort Worth, TX

Well, today I am still sick but had enough energy to get to the gym. My lungs were on fire swimming (Upper resp infection does'nt like regimented breathing). I got in a 1200M swim, then did a brief 20 minute spin to losen my legs, then ran 3.1 on dreadmill in 30:00 did abs and sat in sauna for 20 mins. I am hoping to be 100% healthy by the end of the week. I hope everyone else is well....

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Vicki PNW
on 1/27/09 9:52 am
For Tuesday:
3 rounds of circuit training, working with weight-resistant machines.
15 minutes on treadmill.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on stationary recumbent bike.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Cassie W.
on 1/27/09 10:07 am
I hit the treadmill before work today for a total of 5 miles with warm-up and cool-down.

The workout included:
1 mile at 5.7 mph (10:31)
1 mile at 6.0 mph (10:00)
1 mile at 6.5 mph (9:14)
3 (400 meter repeats) at 8 mph (7:30) with 200 meter recovery

I didn't have the 4th repeat in me today. 

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 1/27/09 12:06 pm - Missoula, MT
I get a lot of people asking me questions as well at my gym.  I have to be careful though since I work there and am not a personal trainer.  I could get in trouble.  All I can say is what I do or would do.

Anyway, Tuesday is spin day!  Had a great class, but noticed my legs are a little sore today.  Oh well, that'll teach me to take a whole week off!

Linn
saxman007
on 1/27/09 12:11 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Got in another 2 3/4 mile walk.  Did order a new Felt B12 bike with some nice HED race wheels -- I'll be getting in probably 2-4 weeks which is perfect timing for me to heal and maybe get my old bike up on my trainer so I don't embarrass myself at the bike fitting.  Healing is coming along nicely!
Sax
MacMadame
on 1/27/09 12:40 pm - Northern, CA
45 min on stationary bike, 9.5 miles. I really want to go 10 miles in 45 min. but I can't seem to do it.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Brian W.
on 1/27/09 2:04 pm - Belmont, CA
5 miles in about 55 minutes, took it easy today as I have a 7 mile Fartlek run tomorrow, so didn't wanna push things.

Brian
~350
Most Active