Sunday workouts

Cassie W.
on 1/25/09 7:11 am
I'll get things started today . . .

Since we had a windchill of 2 below, I was back at the gym for some games on the treadmill.  I ran 8.5 miles including:
- an easy 4 miles at 5.5 mph (10:54)
- a comfortable 3 miles at 6.0 mph (10:00); and
- a quick 1 mile at 6.7 mph (8:57).

I wore a heart rate monitor today with odd results.  My heart rate was higher in the first 4 easy miles (131 bpm)  than in the last 4 (119 bpm).  Any insight from those who use a heart rate monitor?

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Aims
on 1/25/09 7:58 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
Kind of a slow day for me, only did a mile on the ellip but at level 8 and then I ran a mile afterwards which took 13:10, I am looking forward to bringing my time under 13 minutes, woot!

Amy

Mifiremedic
on 1/25/09 8:04 am - MI
Nothing for me today. I am on the injured reserve list. While I was repairing my boiler furnace I got scolded by the water that came directly from the tank. It burned two of my twos (1st & 2nd degree). It was my fault for many reasons. Tomorrow I should be back at it though...
MacMadame
on 1/25/09 8:27 am - Northern, CA
I went for a bike ride. I should have gone yesterday instead. There is a big head wind on the way out. I figured, no biggie, it will be a tail wind on the way back! But, instead, the wind shifted and it was a side wind for most of the ride. Then it rained so it was a side wind with cold rain.

But then it stopped raining and even warmed up a bit and the wind was gone.

Actually, in spite of it all, I had a blast. I really do love biking.

1 hour 5 min, 13 mi.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Vicki PNW
on 1/25/09 9:50 am
Sunday is my day off from workouts.  However, I did get in a walk around the block this morning, altho there was snow on the ground from last nite.

I plan on resuming my workouts tomorrow after an hour of a chair-assisted yoga class.

I have used heart rate sensors on treadmills, stationary bikes, and stationary recumbent bikes.  Don't think those are substitutes for manual pulse checks.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Brian W.
on 1/25/09 12:18 pm - Belmont, CA
6 mile progression run.  Last 10 min moderate uphill.  Total time in 1:01:35

Brian
~350
victoria R.
on 1/26/09 3:09 am - goose creek, SC

I did my long run, 11 miles and it was tough.  I was having some major headbattles going on however I got through it and finished it. Timing wasnt that great 2:20 but that is my longest distance ever.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Deanna34
on 1/26/09 4:15 am - Salem, OR
I ran an easy 3 miles on the treadmill.

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Most Active