Thursday workouts ...

Linn D.
on 1/22/09 1:58 pm - Missoula, MT
I did my first workout post-race.  All I did was a spin class this morning, but it didn't feel awful, so I was happy about that.  Looking forward to my first run next week.

Linn
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/22/09 3:08 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Well, here we are at almost 1am and I just got home from the gym and showered and am bellying up to a big bowl of spaghetti with meat sauce and cheese all over it!!!! Yes!!!!!!! What a day....

Today was my lil daughter, Ava's 2nd birthday, so this morning we had a family breakfast that consisted of Fiber One Pop Tarts for the kids and wife, and a bowl of pumpkin granola for me. Went to work, came home, jetted out to Chuckee Cheese and really enjoyed paying $45 for a terrible pepperoni pizza and tokens for the kidos... Oh well, we had a great time. We came home, sang happy birthday, opened gifts and the fam enjoyed cake and ice cream, and  I enjoyed my granola bars. So, put the kids to bed, change clothes and finally got to the gym. Here is what I did today...

Began with a 1 mile warm up in 8:01 on Dreadmill

10 minute stretch

3 Sets - 45 degree leg press (12-15 reps)
3 Sets - Seated Leg Extensions (12-15 reps)
3 Sets - Hamstring Curls (12-15 reps)
3 Sets - Squats same reps
3 Sets - Seated Calf Raises
3 Sets - Calf Extensions

One big set of lunge squats that went across the entire group excercise room and back, probably about 40 reps on each leg (with barbell)

5 Sets of  Jump Rope : 25 reps, 35 reps, 50 reps, 75 reps, and 100 reps

A short 20 minute Spin slow cadence w/ loads of resistance

Climbed 50 flights of stairs on Stairmaster

Ran 1 mile cool down in 10:00 flat

10 minute stretch

15 minute soak in Sauna!

That's all folks, looking forward to getting after it tomorrow...Take care.

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Deanna34
on 1/23/09 12:37 am - Salem, OR
Dan, I am totally impressed that you made it to the gym after a long day like that!  Way to go!  Isn't it awful how much money you can spend at ChuckECheese?  Oh well, the kids love it, huh?!

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

MacMadame
on 1/22/09 5:10 pm - Northern, CA
47 min. on the stationary bike. I'm "this close" to my goal of 10 mi in 45 min. (Off by less than a minute today.)

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Mifiremedic
on 1/22/09 8:33 pm - MI
I have been struggling with getting in workouts since my new schedule has taken place. Thursday was my first day of running outside during my lunch hour (half hour). It went very well, and it kinda gave me a pick up for the second half of the day.

So to answer your question, I did a quick 2 mile run, in 17 minutes. Today I will go for 3 miles (the boss isnt in today, not that he checks on me).

I have started collecting quotes to hang up in my office and basement to use as inspiration. I will add yours to mine.

Thanks for asking

Curt
Deanna34
on 1/23/09 12:36 am - Salem, OR
Hey Curt!  Great job running during your break ... that's awesome!  And 2 miles in 17 minutes is fantastic!  How's your new eating plan going?

Deanna

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

koto
on 1/22/09 8:36 pm - Osgood, IN
Pretty shabby compared to most her but 1hr10 min on the eliptical. Varrying resistance and grades.. Says I burned 850 cal,, we will see.
Elisa K.
on 1/22/09 8:56 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I had to stay late at the office, so I couldn't get my run in.  I plan on leaving work early today, so I can make up my run!!   
victoria R.
on 1/23/09 9:55 am - goose creek, SC
I did an hour core fit class.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Aims
on 1/23/09 11:10 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
2 mile run on the treadmill, my time at a 4.3 mph pace is 28:40.

Orginally it was taking me 33:50 to run these 2 miles, so I'm making progress, yay!

Amy

Most Active