" />

I feel like im stuck

lvesper
on 1/22/09 6:40 am - carmel, IN
I have been working out alot, but I feel like I am stuck at this weight!  Dose anyone have any ideas that can hepl me? Dose anyone have any ideas for a good abs workout?

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS12kNB/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wS12kNB/weight.png">>
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/22/09 7:48 am - Fort Worth, TX
Are you at goal weight? I haven't lost ANY weight in 3 1/2 months, but I have gone from an XL shirt and 40" waist to 34" waist and M-L Shirt. Are you losing inches? What is your current workout routine? Your question is pretty broad so let's hear what you got going on and see what people can chime in with.... Welcome and stick around here, it's a great bunch of folks who will totally motivate and inspire anyone!

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Linn D.
on 1/22/09 2:04 pm - Missoula, MT
I would suggest that you concentrate on improving your fitness rather than looking at the scale.  Making exercise a part of your life over the long haul is the main key to long term health and WLS success.  I'm nearly 5 years post op, still have a BMI of 26, but consider myself very fit.  That's the main thing for me.

Linn
1texasmom
on 1/22/09 8:37 pm
Lots of good books and sites out there for Ab routines.  I'm currently using Body For Life but I don't know that I could have started here.  If this is too advanced, check out some of their other articles or surf the web for other sources.   

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

Cassie W.
on 1/23/09 8:09 am
Although I am very fit and work out regularly, I still have to commit to journaling my food intake periodically because it's so easy to underestimate the number of calories that I am eating.   I use fitday.com which allows me to track how I'm doing on my protein.

For the next week, try returning to basics:
- Track everything you put in your mouth. 
- Are you choosing protein first?
- Are you eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains for your carbs?
- Are you drinking plenty of water between meals
- Are you getting enough sleep?

Another ideas is to shake up your fitness routine.  If you are doing the same workouts all the time, your body becomes more efficient at doing them.  Consider a new activity or bump up the intensiity or time for the ones that you are already doing.

This month's Runner's World magazine had a nice routine for building core strength.  Here's a link:www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-263-266-13030-0,0 0.html.

Good luck,

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active