Exercise Suggestions?

talksoupslp
on 1/22/09 2:31 am
Okay, I've been looking at exercise DVD's and am trying to figure out what might be best for a person just starting to get into exercising.  I have joint issues (swimming would be the best option, but difficult to get to a facility around my schedule) so low impact is best.

I've seen the infomercials for Core Rhythms, Zumba, and another one I just saw today but don't remember the name.  I liked what I saw on the Core Rhythms infomercial.  And all the DVD's look like you can start at your own pace and "work up" to higher levels.  I also just bought a Wii and Wii Fit, but haven't set it up yet (and my current weight loss goal is to lose enough to USE the Wii Fit).

Anyway, because of my schedule, I really have to do something in the house.  I do have an exercise bike but somehow I can't make myself get up early to use it, yet.  The DVD's look like more "fun" than my exercise bike.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!
TS

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
wjoegreen
on 1/22/09 10:14 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Its not important what you do, its just important that you do,...something.  Walking around the house or walking in place.  Stepping up and down works, Wii is a good start.  Exercise bike is a good thing.  Heck, vaccuming if done for 15-30 minutes is moving.  I started at 5 minutes walking back and forth in my den, then down the driveway, then down the street,......I wound up doing my first 10K six months post op.  What a thrill.  Just find something or a combination of whatever workd for you and keep after it.  As the weight comes off and your endurance and ability improves, you will have many WOW moments,...when you just stop and say,...WOW,  I didn't use to be able to do that!

Keep after it and let us know your progress.  We all started big and recovering from WLS.

Old Chinses Proverb,...the journey of a thosand miles begins with the first step.

Joe
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active