Wednesday Workouts....COME ON PEOPLE, Everyone Chime In....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/21/09 4:05 am, edited 1/21/09 11:19 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

We need to get a bunch of folks back to posting their workouts! I love seeing what others are doing. Anyways, I got up a little late and got 3.5 mile run in outside in 30 degree (Yeah I know, not that cold compared to you eskimos that live up north), but still pretty cold for Texas. I finished in 26 minutes and change, I am headed to the gym after work for a 5,000 meter swim... I will post my time later. Let's hear what ya'll did. Take care...

UPDATE: So I got to the gym and set out for 5000 Meters, ended up getting in 4000 meters (2.5 Miles) in 1:12:03. I had to get home and go shopping for my little girl's first bike for her 2nd birthday tomorrow. Have a good one everybody, let'**** it hard tomorrow!!!

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sherry_Berry
on 1/21/09 4:11 am - Dacula, GA
Dan, do you swim "straight" or add in speedwork and drills?

I spun this morning. Swim this evening.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/21/09 4:39 am - Fort Worth, TX
Sup Girl! Wednesdays are always my big swim day, I usually swim without stopping at all except to grab drinkage and shot blockages!! I do speed drills / kicking drills Mondays and Fridays or Saturdays.  I saw a pretty cool thing at the gym, every week there's something new. A dude who is about 350 has been out swimming a couple times the past few week (Which is awesome) The only problem is he does it in a 25 meter pool with fins that appear to be 3 feet long and swims the length of the pool with his head completely submerged with a snorkel! Greatness! As I stopped between drills to fuel up, he proceeded to tell me how I needed to work on my "V" entrance and really needed to work on "High Elbows". I said I would try to focus on those things, and then asked him if he had ever tried to train in altitude in a pool rather than with a snorkel at sea level!(Giggle)... He then replied "I hadn't considered that". My goodness, it does take all kinds. Anyways, he was a cool dude, and told him when I swim during the week and told him maybe we could get our technique dialed in with the help of YODA! (Yoda is awesome)
Anyways catch ya later!!

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Aims
on 1/21/09 4:18 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
The baby has been sick so I haven't worked out since Saturday (blah!) but I am planning on my spin class tonight and then a run afterwards.

I feel so sluggish, bleech!!!!!

Amy

Kevin A.
on 1/21/09 5:13 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
4 mile run with stairs and some weights!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Seht
on 1/21/09 7:19 am
missed my workout today, had to be to work early and have stuff to do after work.
I already feel like a slug.  It's amazing how missing my workout in the morning really affects my energy level.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

victoria R.
on 1/21/09 9:09 am - goose creek, SC

1 hour spin class & 15 minute ab workout, plan on walking the dog later this evening.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Cassie W.
on 1/21/09 11:27 am
Since I had to work late tonight, I hit the gym early this morning for some speed games on the treadmill.  The first half of my workout, I increased my speed every two minutes 'til I reached 7 mph.  After a 30 second recovery, I ran four 400-meter repeats at 8 mph, with 30 second recovery between each one.  Total mileage was about 3.75.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

MacMadame
on 1/21/09 2:58 pm - Northern, CA
45 min. on treadmill, ran 35 of it. 3.1 miles.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Brian W.
on 1/21/09 3:42 pm - Belmont, CA

Checking in late.

6 mile run: 1:03:36

Brian
~350

Most Active