I got in a walk!!!

saxman007
on 1/20/09 11:57 am - Port Huron, MI
I know I should put this in the Tuesday workout forum but since it's the first real walk I've been able to do in 5 weeks I needed to brag a little!!!  The two things I worried about going into my TT was pain and working out too soon.  Well, fortunately I never really had pain!!!  Between my bleeding and fluid problems the working out too soon thing never came into play because I've been very restricted in what I was able to do.  
I finally got the ok to start doing some walking from my plastic surgeon starting Saturday and those of us in Michigan have been hammered by snow it was the first time I was able to get out.  I'm dying to start running again and hopefully I'll get the ok in a week in a half.  I actually still have 1 drain in so I keep telling myself that until that comes out I probably shouldn't do any real running or anything that a heart rate monitor would be beneficial for (that should help keep me slow).  I'm hoping I'll get the ok for full activity after he pulls the next drain as it will be 7 weeks and things seem to finally be coming along.  If I hear from my doc one more time "If I take 100 patients, 99 won't be having this problem" again I'll scream, lol.
 I'll hoping that  it'll take a week or so for the drain site to heal and then hopefully I'll be able to get in the pool?  If anybody can chime in on this one I'd love to hear it.
It's been a long haul but I do plan on buying a new Felt Tri bike as soon as I'm able to get on a bike to get fit for it.
Thanks for reading and congrats to all you Disney folks and everybody else.  Can't wait to be joining the daily workout threads and to start training for at least a 1/2 marathon sometime in the spring!  With luck I maybe able to do a full, it'll just depend on how quickly I can get back to where I was.
--Sax
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/20/09 8:53 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Sax,

Thank goodness for your sanity you are at least able to get out and move a little. Looking forward to the before and afters and I hope you will be good to go in 10 days or so to start working on your running and training again. Those Felt's are a solid bike. I picked up a Giant TCR 0 Composite Bike that I  am building out. SRAM Red head to toe, I think I am going to go with the new SRAM S60 Deep Dish Carbon Wheels and I will be good to go for the season. Anyways, best of luck bro, good to see you back!!!!

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sherry_Berry
on 1/20/09 9:59 pm - Dacula, GA
Do NOT hop in the pool until you are completely scabbed over!

Other than that, good for you for walking. You'll feel WAY better when the drain is removed.
Cassie W.
on 1/21/09 11:41 am
Hey Sax,

Glad to hear that your healing is progressing.  You'll make fast work of regaining your fitness levels once your doc gives you the OK.  

As far as the pool, I second Sherry's advice.  You want those wounds sealed so you don't risk infection before you return to the water.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active