Friday Workouts.....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/15/09 11:33 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is well today... It's FRIDAY!!! Ok so let's hear what everyone did today.

I got to the gym at 5am and started of with a smooth 5 mile run at 6.0 mph at heart rate avg of 135. Then, did a 45 minute spin, followed by a 1 mile brick, then I went to the stair master and climbed 75 stories in 20 minutes. I was focused on HR Zone 1 training today and am happy to report that I accomplished the goal. Yeehaww!!  Anyways, I hope everyone has a good day and am looking forward to hearing what you all had going on...

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Kevin A.
on 1/15/09 11:54 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Happy Friday!!

Weights~Chest, back, shoulders and arms..45 minute spin class and 1 mile run!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Aims
on 1/16/09 5:34 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
Happy Friday indeed!

2 mile run at gym, then various weights afterwards. I am steadily improving my running time (I'm a first time runner, 6 months post-op) and my current time is 29:13 for 2 miles at a 4.0 mph pace.

I'm trying to increase the speed to which I run by small increments, I hope to be at 4.5 by the end of the month, yay!

Amy

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/16/09 5:45 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thats great! Keep up the good work.

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Don M.
on 1/16/09 8:32 am - Los Angeles, CA
Aw, good gravy.  Looking at the distances you guys get in, I'm wondering if I'm in the wrong place...?

Planning on doing my usual workout routine tonight of about 30 minutes on an eliptical machine - that's 400+ calories for me and about 1.75 miles.  I'm doing this 4 or 5 times a week, now.

Also going to do a rotation on the arms machines tonight.

Hope I can start hitting some of the numbers you folks do as I get farther away from my surgery....
Elisa K.
on 1/16/09 9:03 am - Lumberton, NJ

I did a 3.5 mile run on the treadmill at the gym.  I must say - I do not like running on the treadmill - it is like torture to me.  I was supposed to do 4 miles, but I just couldn't do it on the treadmill.  During the week, I run after work, in the dark, but the last few days, have been just too darn cold (highs in the teens!) - so I had to suck it up, and hit the treadmill at the gym. 

Happily, I can run in the sunshine tomorrow and Sunday!!  I'll have to make up my missed distance tomorrow, but that's ok - at least I'll be outside!!

MacMadame
on 1/16/09 3:22 pm - Northern, CA
45 min, 3.1 mi (5k) on treadmill. Ran for about 30 minutes of it.

I've now finished Week 6 of the Couch-to-5K program and from here on out, it's just straight running, adding to your times each week. Which is great because I *hate* the music on my tapes and now I don't need them to know when to stop and start.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

victoria R.
on 1/18/09 6:08 am - goose creek, SC
I did about a 3.5 mile run with my husband.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Most Active