When the weight loss is over...

llben79
on 1/14/09 11:55 pm - Buffalo, NY
...and your body has "settled" at the weight at which it wants...is it possible to, or how hard is it, to push yourself a little bit below wherever it "WANTS TO BE"??

For example, I am 14 months out, lost over 100. I got down to 138 for a very short time, but my body has decided that it likes being about 142-144. I have been this weight for about 3 months now. It does not matter how much or how little I eat, how much I KILL myself at the gym, or slack. If I follow ALL THE RULES, or NONE of them, this is where I stay.

I want to push myself down 10 more pounds...I want my body to WANT TO STAY at  or around 134-136.  I have been getting back on track with the gym...I have been biking 2 miles, running 3 (I FINALLY made it to 3 miles!!!!! at 6.5mph steadily after trying for over 6 months!), and power walking uphill 1...for a total of 6 miles. I've been doing really well about getting all my water in, and keeping my calories right around 1000.

Any suggestions???
Seht
on 1/15/09 12:49 am
I went back to a 2 week liquid diet.  I charted every thing that went into my mouth.
these were the protein drinks I used
pure protein vanilla and chocolate flavored.

I'm not saying that this was the brand to go with, it's just what I did.
Those last 10 pounds just came off.  I was taking in 6-800 calories.
Now that was a little low IMO, but still within the guidelines that the Dr's office had give me.
When I factored in my exercise, I had a negative calorie balance.  I discussed this with the Dr. and the dietician and they said it was o.k.  I wouldn't want to live like this all the time, but it sure did break that plateau/stall or whatever you want to call it.

Total Fat 0.5g 1%
    Saturated Fat  0g 0%
    Trans Fat  0g
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 180mg 8%
Potassium 220mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
    Dietary Fiber  2g 8%
    Sugars  1g
Protein 21g

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

llben79
on 1/15/09 12:52 am - Buffalo, NY
Thank you! I was thinking of doing a liquid diet again, but was concerned about weight gain after going back to solids...

did you have any trouble with that? And did you have trouble with not having enough energy for your workouts with the reduced calorie intake?
Seht
on 1/15/09 1:16 am
I have had issues with energy for my workouts, and I am purusing a dietician sports nutritionist who has experience with bariatric patients.  I am at my goal weight and I want to be able to maintain or perhaps gain a couple pounds, but i want it to be muscle not fat.

I am looking for professional experience and knowledge at this time.  I am waiting for an email back at this time.

That being said, it wasn't an issue for the 2 weeks, because I have been in a calorie deficit for a while now, and the liquid diet wasn't any worse than my solid food diet as far as energy goes.

You can get some good examples here, but I think some prof knowledge and experience is the way to go.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

wjoegreen
on 1/15/09 9:05 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
My 2 cents,....wih all your workouts, you may gain weight from the toning and tightening, but your body should be getting buff.  I found that as i maintained and got more active, I cared less about the scales ans paid more attention to the clothing size(s).  You may get heavier but lose inches,..and that to me, is the real goal.
For what its worth 

You have done a great job.  Don't get frustrated over 10 when you've 100+ and are able to be so active and fit.  You just keep kickin butt and taking names and I thing you will be pleased with yourself in the long term.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
llben79
on 1/16/09 3:57 am - Buffalo, NY
very good points...thanks guys!!

:)
Most Active