My first marathon (Disney World)...

Linn D.
on 1/16/09 1:56 am - Missoula, MT
Thanks Rob,

The high on Sunday is only going to be around 75, and 45ish at the start.  Should be a great day for a run.  Sideline bands and crowds are good here, too, so it shouldn't be too bad keeping going.   I just don't want to disappoint my mom...

Linn
jon1970
on 1/15/09 12:03 pm
Incredible job Rob!  I can only imagine the great since of accomplishment that you must feel. Awesome writeup! I hope some day I will be able to join the club.

Jon
Rob S.
on 1/15/09 9:17 pm - DE
Thanks.  We'll wait for you so you can join in.  The door is always open.
Rob
BOS02215
on 1/17/09 9:48 am
Congratulations!  What an accomplishment!  One day I hope to do the same race! Thank you for sharing your story! 
MaryS
on 1/19/09 8:58 pm - Long Island, NY
Rob,

CONGRATULATIONS! Sorry I am only getting to respond to this now. I am so happy for you! You did great. I loved reading your report (this is actually the second time I'm reading it, I didn't have time to comment earlier).

So, do you think you'd do it again?

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Rob S.
on 1/20/09 3:58 am - DE
Thanks Mary,
Will I do it again.   For certain.   My running partner wants me to do the Chicago Marathon with her either 2009 or 2010.   I would really like to run one where I had a good pacer alongside so I'll do that one.  My wife wants me to run the Quebec marathon (she loves that city).  I do need to start thinking about what I want to do in 2009 now.
Rob
Scott William
on 1/26/09 10:28 am
Rob,
Sorry this is so late.  Congrats on a great finish.  I am sorry that we didn't meet up.  We will I am sure in the future.

I was laughing at the, "you are almost there" comments.  They think they are being nice but to me almost there is when I can see the finish banner.

Again, Congrats!!!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active