Exercise Help Needed!!

ltlkim9424
on 1/13/09 10:31 am - Lakeville, MN
 I started working out 2 weeks ago and in the past I have always done the cardio machines (bikes, elipticals, and treadmills) on manual.  So I am wondering should I be doing the cardio or fat burning programs to best help not get saggy skin. If fat burning is 65% heart rate and cardio is 80% heart rate, when you are in cardio mode are you still fat burning? I have myself all confused??? I also am wondering with weights, I bulk up really easy. How can I prevent that yet get rid of the excess skin??
shane614
on 1/13/09 12:13 pm - elgin, IL
 You should get yourself a heart monitor. I have a polar and i program it for me.  When I use the cardio machines I program them to use the heart monitor to adjust speed and height.  This gives me a great workout.  

There are many trains of thought about % of heart rate. The best way that I have been told by many personal trainers is interval workouts.  ie. walk for 5 mins to warm up then run for 5mins to get your heart rate up, then walk till your heart rate slows down then run again.  this will cause you to burn more fat.  

But with this being said, there are many different points of view about heart rate, so choose one the works for you.

Good luck with the working out.  Mix it up so you dont burn yourself out.

shane
MacMadame
on 1/13/09 2:47 pm - Northern, CA
The whole fat burning zone thing is a misunderstanding.

http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/busting-the-fat-burning-zone-myth/9f3868f271903110VgnVCM10000013281eac____/weight.loss/weight.loss.coaches

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Venecia472
on 1/20/09 12:48 am - WI
VSG on 02/14/08 with

HI:I HAVE THE SAME QUESTION, CAN I GET RID OF THE EXCESS SKIN? HAVEN'T FIND THE ANSWER YET, BUT I'M WORKING ON IT.  IF THERE IS A COMPLEMENT THAT I HAVE RECEVED IS WHY YOU LOOK SO TIGHT FOR SOMEONE WHO HAD LOSE 57 POUNDS? WELL THE ANSWER IS: I STARTED WITH WALK AWAY THE POUNDS THE 3 MILES WITH 3 POUNDS WEIGHT IN EACH HAND.  WHEN I FELT STRONG I STARTED TO USED THE FIRM CARDIO SCULPT WITH THE FANNY LIFTER.  IS CARDIO, YOU STOP USE THE WEIGHT, MORE CARDIO, STOP THE WEIGHT ETC ETC.  RIGHT NOW I'M USING 5,8 12 Dumbbells. AND I'M SO PROUD OF MY SELF, YOU WILL SEE RESULTS IN 10 WORKOUT LIKE I DID.  I'M 151 POUNDS 5.2 HEIGHT, STILL 15 POUND OVERWEIGHT AND I CAN FIT IN SIZE 4.   HOPE WILL HELP  

Most Active