Disney Marathon - Biofreeze is My Friend

Cassie W.
on 1/15/09 12:26 pm
Linn, I think you will surprise yourself even with the lower training mileage.  You have a strong foundation to draw upon and are experienced enough to recognize which goal is achievable on the day of the race.

Good luck Sunday!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

misstilly
on 1/16/09 1:05 am - Cosby, TN
I am still planning on doing the 1/2 in March, but now I am starting to question myself.  My longest run so far is 7 miles, I need to get some longer mileage in there, I do have time for it.  I just wished I had someone to run with for the long runs.  I have a friend that we go out every once in awhile but she only does a couple of miles.  I really need to have someone to pace me as I tend to run faster and tire myself out.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Chris S.
on 1/16/09 5:39 am - SC

Congratulations Cassie-great time and race!! Sorry I missed you. ANd the way the humidity and heat went up quickly during the race was awful wasn't it??

I have never tried Biofreeze before-never heard of it before Disney but it sounds like a life saver

Congratulations again!! nad take time to heal for sure!

Chris

MaryS
on 1/19/09 9:05 pm - Long Island, NY
Cassie,

You are just amazing - think about the shape you are in to get through the marathon without being able to fully dedicate yourself to the training due to you injury. You are such an inspiration.

I am going to have to check out biofreeze, I haven't heard of it before your and Rob's reports. Sounds like good stuff.

Congrats again,

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Cassie W.
on 1/20/09 10:39 am
Thanks Mary.  I really credit the intensity of the spin classes for protecting my endurance.  I plan to continue to include them in my regular workouts. I'd miss not going now that they're part of my routine.

Hope all is well with you.  The lovely winter weather hasn't been very inviting these days for getting outside to run.  As much as I find the treadmill boring, the roads have just been awful with snow, slush and ice.  

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Scott William
on 1/26/09 10:33 am
Cassie,
Sorry that this is so late but I had some stuff to deal with when I got home and have just found some time to hit the computer.

Congrats on finishing with all the issues you faced.  I, like you can say that this one was more satisfying that any other for me with some bad training leading up to the race. 

Very cool, running with Jeff Galloway.  That would be awesome.  Again, congrats on over comming what you did to finish.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active