FIRST 5K EVER!!!! (pictures inside)& a special Thank You

prek-3
on 1/11/09 2:39 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi Scott & Chris!!!

I am on my way home now from Disney World, the most Magical Place in the WORLD!!!!
My husband and I did our FIRST 5K (did you catch that, FIRST, cause it won't be my last)! WOW!!!!!! We are planning on doing the 1/2 next year!!!!! Scott you were right, gotta do me another one. I walked, my husband ran. It was so motivating and inspiring!

Met a young man from England who has done Full Marathons all around the world. He just came back from having done one in Australia! This was his FIRST DISNEY one!!!!!

My husband signed us up to do ESPN's Innagural Marathon Weekend at the end of February . It is a timed event, it will be another 5 K!

Just wanted to thank you all here on this board. While I many lurked I learned soooooo much from you all!!!!Bob & I after the race with our medals

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Mifiremedic
on 1/11/09 2:43 am - MI
Congrats, on your first of many run races.
KJudson
on 1/11/09 3:15 am - Lake Wylie, SC
OMG......CONGRAT'S.   What an accomplishment!   Must feel pretty damn good.  

Here's to MORE 5k's.... 

Sherry_Berry
on 1/11/09 3:23 am - Dacula, GA
GREAT PICTURES!!! CONGRATS!
Elisa K.
on 1/11/09 6:11 am - Lumberton, NJ
Congratulations!! 
victoria R.
on 1/11/09 7:36 am - goose creek, SC
Great job!  You look like you had a wonderful time.  From everything I'm hearing I think I may be heading to Disney next January.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

prek-3
on 1/11/09 8:11 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi Victoria!
My husband and I spoke, and we think we would like to try the half marathon next year. They have a Princess Marathon coming up in March. But, I would like to work my way up toa 10 K and proceed from there.

I have a question for you, or anyone here who has a Band. How do you handle training with our inability to have those major carbs (bread,rice & pasta)????? And water intake??? I'll make another post and see what comes out of it.
Thanks again,
Prek-3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

MacMadame
on 1/11/09 10:19 am, edited 1/11/09 10:19 am - Northern, CA
Congratulations!

I have some of the same questions about how to modify my diet during training. I'll post them in your other thread though.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Linn D.
on 1/11/09 1:59 pm - Missoula, MT
Congrats on the first of as many as you like!

It's important that the first one is a great experience, and it sure seems like it was for you.

Linn
kypdurran
on 1/12/09 6:13 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Congrats on your first 5K!   Great job and I love the pics.

Chad

Most Active