Goofy Challenge Report

Elisa K.
on 1/11/09 8:41 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Thanks for the report Chis!  Wow - that sounds like an awesome time!  I may have to do it someday!!

Congratulations!!
Chris S.
on 1/12/09 10:43 pm - SC
Thank you Elisa

It is so incredible the way Disney does it. Truly first class. I ran one marathon before this, in a field of 250...compared to this at 15000. I like running the bigger race. In the smaller one there were stretches where I was alone for a couple of miles in the end
panhead58fl
on 1/11/09 10:59 pm - Barboursville, WV

Thanks for a great report Chris and congrats to you. Your report really captures what an event that Disney seems to make of it. Makes me want to do one. When I run in a race I am always thinking about finishing in the best time. Your Disney report makes me think about running it for the fun of it! Really enjoyed your report.

pan head

Chris S.
on 1/12/09 10:47 pm - SC
Thanks pan head

Although I did hear alot of people say they come to Disney for to make their personal record because the course is so flat. But-to each their own. I follow a writer in Runners World John Bingham "The Penguin" whose whole philosophy is "start-enjoy-FINSIH what you started"...the rest is just extra. To be a real "Penguin" he writes you must have run a race where the police car is right behind you finishing up the course (you are last) and they are yelling "ya sure you don't want a ride??? we can bring you in??"

Either way-Disney /Goofy is worth doing
KJudson
on 1/11/09 11:57 pm - Lake Wylie, SC
CHRIS....WOW...you did it!!! SOOOO proud of you. 

I love the detailed description of your run.  Job well done baby!!!

Chris S.
on 1/12/09 10:48 pm - SC
Thank you M'am

I appreciate all the support you gave me. Really.
MacMadame
on 1/12/09 12:41 am, edited 1/12/09 12:44 am - Northern, CA
You make it sound like so much fun, that I'm tempted to try it. If it wasn't for all that running and stuff...

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Chris S.
on 1/12/09 10:49 pm - SC
Ya know....there were soooooooooo many people there that race walked it.....just sayin'
MacMadame
on 1/13/09 12:56 am - Northern, CA
Yeah, but I can't imagine flying from CA just to walk. If I lived closer...

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

BOS02215
on 1/17/09 9:59 am
On January 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM Pacific Time, MacMadame wrote:
Yeah, but I can't imagine flying from CA just to walk. If I lived closer...
I flew from CA in September just to do the Expedition Everest (5K/obstacle course/scavenger hunt) - and that was 2 months post op!

One day, God willing, I will run the marathon at Disneyworld... everyone's stories are so inspiring! 
Most Active