Cardio training question

koto
on 1/9/09 11:05 am - Osgood, IN
I am not very educated on fitness although I am working on it. I stalled out about 60 lb from goal. I didn't wory about it for a while and enjoyed the 140 lb I had lost to that point. Well I am not satisfied with that anymore and really want to improve my all out fitness. I want to loose weight at the same time but my main goal is to be fit as a whole. Want to do push ups, situps, run a mile and a half and the like.

At this point I am concentrating on cardio. I spend 50-60 min about every other day on the Eliptical burning around 500 cal per the computer. I want to get back to a 1000 cal workout but right now I can't do it.

I have no problems other than minor soreness on my legs when finished and am mentaly fine with it all. I started increasing the resistance this week and that has me maxed out at around 60 min. I can continue but I am out of gas.

I haven't lost a pound, but I am not real worried. My eating is reasonable. High protien low carbs. Protien after every workout..

So where do I go from here? I know I need to start doing pushups and situps if I want to be able to do them later, but I gotta do that at home. Far to embarassing to look that bad a t the gym... 10 push ups, then rest,,,,,, Just looks bad!!!

So anyone have any input??
Linn D.
on 1/10/09 12:05 am - Missoula, MT
Your goals should determine the cardio exercises you do.

It's really important to mix things up also.  I'm actually in the best shape when training for triathlons because it requires varying the workouts to get in all the biking swimming and running needed.

I'd check into some of the websites listed on the right side for exercise and fitness education and see what is going to work for you.

Personal opinion, though, if you want to be really fit, adding running to your regimen is the way to go.

Linn
koto
on 1/10/09 5:09 pm - Osgood, IN
I have always been a prety pathetic runner. I was hopeing to drop about another 50 lbs before I go back to beating my knees again. 
I will check out the sites.
Most Active