At Disney/Goofy Challenge and need help-runners!!

Chris S.
on 1/10/09 12:41 am - SC

I did the 5k yesterday, went thru Animal Kingdon-beautiful. Such a flat course....and the music and fireworks its just awesome. Ran I think 34 minutes

Just finished the 1/2 marathon. Scott--I was late, I looked for you under the tent that said I think S-Z but you had probably left. Maybe tomorrow?...anyways-finished the 1/2 in alittle under 3 hours. Great course, mostly flat, marching bands, one corner had a gospel choir, just amazing

I just got home and...........I got a blister, right at the top of my toe. I have never had to deal with a blister and I have to run 26.2 tomorrow. So-whats the best course of action...anyone know? pop it, bleed it and tape it up, don't pop it....help!!!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/10/09 3:00 am - Fort Worth, TX
I'd say pop it, let it dry out, then wrap tape around it tomorrow. You will be fine.

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Chris S.
on 1/10/09 3:03 am - SC
Thanks!!! 26 miles is a long way to go doing the wrong thing like not popping it

Thanks again
Scott William
on 1/10/09 4:52 am
You are right. There is always tomorrow to meet up.

The good news is that it is on top and while it will be painful, hopefully it won't be a deal breaker.  I have had great luck with blisters and Body Glide.  If you don't have any, they sell it at the expo or worse comes to worse, I will try to remember to bring it in the morning.  I would put some on ASAP and see what happens.  Last year I got one after the full.  I put the body glide on in the morning and it was goneby the end of the day. 

If I were you, I'd go to the medical tent in the morning and explain the situation.  See what they say.  Hopefully we will see you in the morning.  Best of luck man. ''

Scott
BTW, I finished in 2:43 which was about 15 minutes faster than I expected. 

Keep your eye on the prize!!!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Chris S.
on 1/10/09 9:30 am - SC
Thanks Scott. I will be there earlier tomorrow

Just put the glide on

Good idea about the med tent

Ya know the whole race I kept checking to make sure I still had my chip on my sneaker, I think it was you that said you lost yours last year...I was paranoid about it!!

Good 1/2 today! I did mine in 2:45. Alittle faster than I wanted but I'm fine for tomorrow-minus the blister. I just checked your profile, I know what you look like now (I was walking around asking any white male...excuse me-Scott????
Scott William
on 1/10/09 5:03 am
I also agree with Dan
Most Active