Cardio for weightloss Questions

scrappergirl
on 1/9/09 12:33 am - Inland Empire, CA

I haven't been much of an exercise fanatic but as of the New Year I have been pushing myself.
I have been pushing for 50mins + of cardio and min of 3 classes per week (30 min ab buster, Pilates)  and Now I'm beat (tired - a walking zombie) I can't sleep but I'm exhausted.  How long till I get past this feeling? (1000-1300 cal. intake)
I've also gain a pound so thats moving in the wrong direction. I need to lose weigh. Approx. how long does it take to see the scale move in the right direction?
I'm part of a weight loss challenge and I really want to lose some weight. My $10 is on the line - I don't want to lose my money - Jk
Help - I need some input or answers, anything, Help

Bekki        
scrappergirl
on 1/9/09 12:46 am - Inland Empire, CA
I'm including this from yesterday - I was so hungry all day I over ate but this is an exception not the rule.
Bekki        
Linn D.
on 1/9/09 11:46 pm - Missoula, MT
Make sure your iron and B12 levels are good.  They make a big difference in the tiredness feeling.

You probably need more food, not less.  I take in around 1800 or so cal/day to maintain.

Newer exercisers often gain weight from increased water retention in the muscles from working them harder as well as muscle-building.  You can't get discouraged so quickly or its totally counterproductive.

Look at exercise as a way to keep your heart and body healthy.  Losing weight is just an added bonus.  The commitment is to health, not necessarily to weight. loss.

Linn
Most Active