Discouraged

Seht
on 1/8/09 8:45 am
Yeah I just can't do it for the joy of doing it.  The competition is what drives me to do these events.  I don't have a non-competative bone in my body.

Competing against myself only goes so far, especially if I am not making what I would consider progress.

I could probably live with competing against myself if I was able to complete the events.  For me completing it means no floating on my back during the swim, no coasting on the bike, and no walking during the run. 

But thanks for all the encouraging words and the suggestions.
The local fleet feet store is starting a 13 week running program that finishes with a 5k run.  It's for new and beginning level runners.  It includes a training plan, 2 coached runs a week, a nutrition plan (probably won't be applicable to me, but i'll look at it.)  A technical T-shirt and a hat.  They also go over injury prevention and proper gear selection.  I'm hoping that having other newbies and some coached instruction will help me break this barrier I am having.

Thanks again

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Elisa K.
on 1/8/09 8:55 am, edited 1/8/09 8:56 am - Lumberton, NJ
Scott - I just finished my second Fleet Feet No Boundries training program (I did one from April to July, and another from Sept to December).  You should totally do it - they got me to run my first 5K!  I met so many great people through that program.  Many still meet to run together.

I highly recommend the program!  I trying to talk my local store's owner into doing a 10K program. 
MacMadame
on 1/8/09 9:34 am - Northern, CA
Plus they'll give him a hat!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active