Back to the Grind. The countdown begins

Brian W.
on 1/6/09 3:14 pm - Belmont, CA
Hi all

Been off this board for last 6 weeks or so.  I was done with races and basically just doing maintenance runs (12 miles per week) to keep myself in running shape.

Now that its the first full week of the new year, I've started my full on training for my first-ever marathon.

I've set the date for May 31st, 2009 in San Diego. 

I think I've allowed myself plenty of time to train and get properly prepared.  I will also incorporate some new types of training, progression runs, threshold runs, hill sprints, etc. into my training. 

My first goal is to just finish the marathon :)  But my realistic goal would be a 5.5 hour marathon time or a below 5 hour blow-me-out-of-the-water time.  As the date draws near, I'll have a better idea which side I can aim for haha.

Hope everyone has been well, stayed injury-free and safe!

Brian
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/6/09 5:55 pm, edited 1/6/09 5:56 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Brian,

That's a great goal bro! Finishing a marathon is a wonderful accomplishment. I finished my first on my exact 11 month post-op surgiversary, from 400 pounds - 210 pounds in 4:52:17. It was an accomplishment to remember! Good luck in your training and don't be a stranger 'round here. Take care....

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Kevin A.
on 1/9/09 7:46 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Welcome back buddy!! I'm sure you will finish under 5 hours!! San Diego is a great marathon!!

Good Luck!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active