Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)

Mifiremedic
on 1/6/09 3:18 am - MI
I posted a thread about this last Summer sometime. Well I had it done this morning. It costed me $80, but as of right now think it was worth it.

The results are as follows:

My RMR is 2250. From what I've read this means I need 2250 calories is amount of calories I burn each day with little or no activity.

So with those numbers, its no wonder I felt likt crap and no energy when I was on a 1200-1500 calories a day, and working out.

It goes on to say that with 2391 calories, and as they classified it "vigorous" activity, I should drop 1.5 pounds per week.

I am by NO way trying to sell RMR testing, but if its everything that its cracked up to be, then it might be nice to know "Your number"....

C

Deanna34
on 1/6/09 7:11 am - Salem, OR
Hey Curt!  Cool to find out your results!  How do they figure this number????

D  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Mifiremedic
on 1/6/09 7:13 am - MI
Howdy,

YOu spend about 10 minutes bringing into this machine. Some how it evaluates your exhalation (I think). After about 10 minutes it spits out the calories needed.
MacMadame
on 1/6/09 3:19 pm - Northern, CA
I had this done at the OH event in San Ramon. Since I'm still losing, I'm not sure how useful it is... it's probably already out of date. But it was fun to do.

My RMR is 1296. Um, it's a lot lower than yours!

Also, it's 8% lower than average for women my age, height and weight. Which doesn't surprise me, actually.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

prazzzhim
on 1/6/09 9:36 pm - marthasville, MO
I have been trying o get info on this very thing. I believe that my matabolism is way out of whack due to the RNY & the small amount of food we eat at 1st. But I want this test & even my surgeon doesn't know what it is. So where do I find info on it?
MacMadame
on 1/7/09 12:31 am - Northern, CA
Some gyms do it. If you live in NorCal, my OH friend does it. Her screen name is *JuneCleaver* if you want to PM her.

It does cost money (because they need a new mouthpiece for each test) and if you are still losing weight, it's not that useful as our metabolisms are all over the place.

But once you get to goal/your weight stabilizes, it's very useful IMO.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

kypdurran
on 1/7/09 10:56 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Curt that sounds about right.   Depending on your activity level you can multiply your final RMR number by up to 1.6 to get the activity adjusted level.   At least you get to do that with BMR (basal metabolic rate) which is a similar formula.  

Most Active