I joined a GYM

kilmarlic
on 1/6/09 2:42 am - powells point, NC
I've been thinking about it since having surgery this past summer and yesterday I did it. Officially did it. I've been really good about walking at least 30 minutes a day since last August but I knew I had to do more. So over the Christmas holidays I took advantage of a few specials that the gym was having and tried it out. I'm amazed to say that even thouh it was rough the first couple of times - I missed it when I didn't go.

I've enjoyed reading the posts on this site and look forward to participating in more of them. Thanks for always keeping me motivated.

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

jon1970
on 1/6/09 12:31 pm
Awesome! It opens up a lot of options for variety to keep you from getting bored. Enjoy!
victoria R.
on 1/6/09 11:15 pm - goose creek, SC
Congratulations on taking that step.  For me walking into the gym for the first time was a big step for me.  My advice to you would be to take advantage of any classes your gym may offer & make a network of supportive friends there.  Set your schedule & stick to it, be accountable for working out.  You will thank yourself for it afterwards, it's so worth it.  Hope to see you posting more often.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Linn D.
on 1/7/09 7:40 pm - Missoula, MT
Ditto Jon and Vicki.

I actually work in a gym, and love to see people get over their fears and start in.  I don't have any reason to get up early today since school is out for the semester and I don't wor****il 5 tonight, but I'll be going to my normal early morning spin class today.  These ladies that I take spin classes with are a social network, and I just enjoy their company as I get a great workout!

Linn
Most Active