Hi and a question : )

kikuri
on 1/5/09 10:17 am
Hi there. Haven't posted here before but thought I'd give it a shot. ^^ I recently had surgery and am just now feeling recovered enough to start exercising. At this point I intend to use an elliptical, but I was wondering what other pieces of equipment, videos, or activities you all would recommend for beginners?  Thanks, ~kikuri

[5'2": 35lbs lost pre-op. SW: 245 GW: 115 CW: 130.0]

goat
on 1/5/09 10:20 am - NC
I personally love taking classes. It gives me a variety each week and keeps me from getting bored with my workout. Do you belong to a gym? Initially did the ellipitical machine and the Leslie Sansom tapes, but quickly graduated to Spin Classes and Kickboxing.

MacMadame
on 1/5/09 3:14 pm - Northern, CA
I like the stationary bike and pilates the best.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Leah B.
on 1/6/09 2:36 am
I am obsessed with spinning/cycling! I love it because I feel like I get the best work out for my time! You will burn so many calories and feel great afterwards.
Vampi
on 1/6/09 9:36 am - Mandeville, LA
I started walking about a month after surgery, now I run/jog/walk!  It's free and convenient!!  The only thing you need is a good pair of shoes.

No need to go spend a ton of money on equipment or vidoes when the power of moving your own body forward works so well!

GOOD LUCK!! 

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

Most Active