Monday workout

Scott William
on 1/5/09 1:01 am
I did 3.25 pretty quick miles on the TM this morning.  I'm mostly trying to break in some new shoes that I will wear in the half and I'll wear the old ones for the full.

I also did some stretching and a small bit of core work.  Lastly, I hit every major muscle group in two circuits around the gym.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
kypdurran
on 1/5/09 4:35 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Scott I thought you guys were doing Disney last weekend.  It's this weekend right?  

I'm planning on registering for the Goofy for 2010.   Does the race sell out on-site or do they put it online at all?  I recall going in last year in early February and they wanted something rediculous like two grand for what I am assuming were charity slots. 

Good luck at the race.  You're a triple finisher pro at the Disney marathons now so I'm sure you're gonna smoke it.

Chad

Scott William
on 1/5/09 9:47 pm
http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eve ntDetail/detail?name=WdwMarathonDetailPage

Chad:

Here is a link that should get you around the registration for the 2010 race.  The 09 race sold out in about 3 weeks but the 08 race took about 10 days.  I think they added more entries this year.  Rumors are floating around about $300 price for the next Goofy so don't be shocked when you look it up.  There is no on site registration so the web is the only place to sign up. 

Thanks for the confidence builder.  I will need it.
Scott

kypdurran
on 1/5/09 10:42 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Heh.  $300 is a deal based on what I've been paying lately for races. Imagine my look of dismay when the lady behind the counter at the registration desk for Ironman Florida asked me for $552.   That was for regular registration and it sold out on site.  I don't even want to guess how much the charity slots are.

Generally how crowded is Disney that time of year?  The only way I'll be able to pull this off is if I bring the girlfriend and kidlets.

Scott William
on 1/6/09 12:03 am
It is one of the better times of year to go.  We stay for a week after the races and the place seems to clear out around tuesday from all the runners sticking around.  The family will love it.
Scott

Seht
on 1/5/09 5:52 am
I did 1 hour on the elliptical this morning.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Deanna34
on 1/5/09 7:27 am - Salem, OR
Hiya Scott!

I did a 1 hour weight lifting class this morning.  Heading back to the gym in a bit to run at least 2 miles.

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Scott William
on 1/5/09 9:47 pm
Welcome back!
Cassie W.
on 1/5/09 8:16 am
I ran an easy two miles on the treadmill, then powered through a tough 1-hour spin class.  The instructor had a falling out with her scale, so we're all expecting to lose 15 pounds by the time she's happy with it again.  We were sitting in puddles of sweat by the time she was done with us.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

~ Lexipro ~
on 1/5/09 9:58 am - SC
I didn't get to the gym today thanks to work, which was a nightmare, and kids with lice...yeah double nightmare.

However! I busted out the ol' stability ball and mat and worked off my frustrations the old fashioned way. Heavy core work, lots of flexibility and some all around exercises like spidey pushups.

After dinner I did manage to suit up the dog and jogged around the block again but I'm not equipped for outside, at night, in the cold...so we stuck to streetlights and made it a quickie.

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

Most Active