Sunday workouts

victoria R.
on 1/5/09 9:39 pm - goose creek, SC
Vampi
My sprint triathlon is March 14 and I'm also going to do or attempt a half marathon in Myrtle Beach on Feb. 14.  My trainer happens to be my cycling instructor at the gym.  I've been going to the gym for 3 years and yes I've made some changes but pretty much been in a rut for a long time.  She's tried before to get me to committ to trying a tri and I just didnt have the desire or confidence.  In November we were having a birthday lunch & she brought it up again & I just blurted out I would do it & that was that.  Me & another friend from the gym are splitting training sessions 1-2 a week, then I do classes, running & swimming as well on my own.   My coach Mel is awesome, she has struggled with her weight in the past as well, she's an avid cyclist, runner, has tons of expereience w/ tri's & marathons, and she's an Ironman finisher.  I've really enjoyed this but it's hard some days to schedule everything to make sure I get my workout in.  I would love to come to Mardi Gras but don't think I'll make it this year.  I think I'm going to be doing at least one more 5k this month.  Good luck on your 10k training. 

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

MaryS
on 1/4/09 8:35 am - Long Island, NY
I went to the gym today and did a 3 mile run and 10 high intensity intervals on the bike. It was a great workout!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Scott William
on 1/4/09 9:42 am
Good to see you Mary.

I walked around two bridal shows today.  My legs felt fine but my head was spinning!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Cassie W.
on 1/4/09 10:02 am
Scott,

When's the wedding?

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Scott William
on 1/4/09 10:03 pm
August 1.  It's the same day as a race that I have run 3 consecutive years and it's free.  It's a noon wedding so I won't be able to sneak it in.  If it were a 5K I'd try but it's almost a half.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
~ Lexipro ~
on 1/4/09 1:53 pm - SC
I had a nice leisurely 16 mile bike ride outside because it was a gorgeous day, it was destressifying and invigorating at the same time.....especially that last mile that I hauled ass because the sky suddenly opened up into a January monsoon (which ended about 5 mins after I got in the house.. lol)

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

victoria R.
on 1/4/09 9:47 pm - goose creek, SC

Lexi
Go on with your 16 mile bike ride.  That's great.  Where do you live in SC cuz  we got the same monsoon you got around 1:30ish maybe, I was getting ready to go out to a late lunch with my family and the sky opened up, then it quit shortly thereafter. 

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

~ Lexipro ~
on 1/4/09 9:57 pm - SC
I live in chesterfield county - so northwest of you? If I'd been trying for speed or something I wouldn't have made 16 miles because it was alot of hilly areas, but I just kinda mosey'd. It was nice :)

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

Most Active