Sunday workouts

victoria R.
on 1/4/09 12:57 am - goose creek, SC

Since I'm here & I've already excercised I'm starting the post today.
45 minute endurance spin class
35 minutes elliptical

Everyone have a great day!

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Cassie W.
on 1/4/09 4:19 am
Today was my 8-miler before the Disney Marathon.  It was about 10-degrees outside, but the skies were blue and the sun was shining.  Can't beat those kind of days.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

victoria R.
on 1/4/09 7:38 am - goose creek, SC

Cassie
Enjoy your week and good luck at Disney, I look forward to your report!  

Vicki
290/253/200/175

Elisa K.
on 1/4/09 5:47 am - Lumberton, NJ
I did a 4 mile run. 
victoria R.
on 1/4/09 7:39 am - goose creek, SC

Great job!

Vicki
290/253/200/175

Vampi
on 1/4/09 6:47 am - Mandeville, LA
Hi,

I did a 6.5 mile bike ride, some crunches, and 15 min. cardio ball DVD (which I didn't like very much) .  I still haven't decided if I am going out running tonight. 

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

victoria R.
on 1/4/09 7:46 am - goose creek, SC
Vampi
I really need to get out on the road with a bike too. I'm probably going to get a used bike this month and start getting out on the road some , I'm nervous because I've never owned a bike with brakes on the handlebars, always had the beach cruiser type bike with pedal brakes.  I hope I don't hurt myself.

Vicki
290/253/200/175

Vampi
on 1/4/09 8:12 am - Mandeville, LA
I was really nervous about doing my ride today.  I hadn't been bike riding since before my surgery in July and I couldn't get more than 2 miles from my house.  My husband and daughter were still wanting to go further, but had to turn around and go home because I couldn't do it!  It was horrible.  I could barely breath and was exhausted while they were full of energy! 

Today, I kept up with them both!!  We could have gone a lot further if it weren't for the weather.  Anyway, that was my little personal victory for the day...

What kind of bike are you getting?  We saw a cute little couple all deck out in their spandex gear and I guess they were on 10 speeds. 

victoria R.
on 1/4/09 9:55 pm - goose creek, SC
Vampi
I really don't know what kind of bike I'm getting. My tri coach is taking me to her friend's bike shop and they are going to fit me with a bike.  This is the part about my upcoming triathlon that is making me nervous.  I've been swimming for 2 months and that's coming along fine, I'm ok with the running part just need to speed it up a bit, I do good in spinning class but I know it's going to be different on the road.  I will post when I get my bike.  Have you registered for anymore events in your area?  I'm actually thinking of a trip to your area in the future.  I lived there when I was 5&6 years old and I just reconnected with my friend/neighbor and want to go back to see her and revisit that beautiful city.  I would probably try to schedule my visit around a race.  I havnt really checked out what's going on there. 

Vicki
290/253/200/175

Vampi
on 1/5/09 12:34 pm - Mandeville, LA
Victoria

I guess that when I get a little more serious I should probably do what you are doing and go to a real store to buy a bike!  Very smart.  Garage sale bikes probably aren't the best way to get a bike!  LOL

Anyway, I already registered to do the 5k portion of the New Orleans Mardi Gras Marathon and Half Marathon.  I am doing it more for curiosity.  I have never seen a marathon before and apparently something like 10,000 people participate.  I can't even begin to imagine the energy in the air!  So, I am going to do the 5k and hang out after in the French Quarter drinking and cheering on the marathoners!  Let the good times roll! 

I am starting my training for the Crescent City Classic 10k which is around Easter.  It will be my first 10k and I am really nervous, but I have the training plan and I am going to do the best I can.  Come on down for either one of those, they are both going to be tons of fun.  My first 5k was through a cemetery, tell me New Orleans isn't great! 

When exactly is your triathlon? And how did you go about getting a tri trainer?

Most Active