Resolution 5k race report!

victoria R.
on 1/4/09 12:50 am - goose creek, SC

Hey Yall!
I had my first 5k as a runner yesterday.  It was great, the weather was comfortable, skies overcast.  I was aiming 33 minutes or under but I ended up at 34:55.  It was really hard for me not to take off like a madwoman with everyone else but I held my pace and eventually I ended up passing some of those who took off really fast.  I ran the whole race with a quickie water break.  My sinuses caught up with me on the last mile which was annoying, sure wish this cold would just go away.  I picked my pace up the last 1/4 mile so as I could just pass a few more people..LOL..  So just to let yall know I was thinking of you guys & gals yesterday during my run & thanks for all of your inspiration & motivation.  It was great & I can't wait to do the next one so I can beat my time.  So guess I'm hooked now.
I'm so glad I've gotten out of my comfort zone and am trying new things, it's really paying off in many ways. 

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/4/09 2:30 am - Fort Worth, TX
Good for you Vicki, that's awesome!

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

victoria R.
on 1/4/09 10:10 pm - goose creek, SC
Thanks Dan!

Vicki
290/253/200/175

MacMadame
on 1/4/09 3:38 am - Northern, CA
Congrats!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

victoria R.
on 1/4/09 10:11 pm - goose creek, SC
Thanks!  How's it going with your new bike?

Vicki
290/253/200/175

MacMadame
on 1/5/09 12:10 pm - Northern, CA
Well as soon as I got it, the rains came!

Though I did see a group of crazy people outside this morning on my way to work who thought it was perfectly fine to ride in the rain. Do you think someday I'll be one of them?

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

kypdurran
on 1/4/09 3:53 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Great job Vicki!  Sorry you didn't get the time you wanted but you finished, passed people and had a good time so you should consider the race SUCCESS!  

Go get em'!

Chad

victoria R.
on 1/4/09 10:14 pm - goose creek, SC
Thanks Chad, I do consider my race a success especially since I ran it but I guess my goal was a bit unrealistic being my first race running.  I guess I have that "mindframe" now and all I want to do is beat my time.  Guess that's a good thing.

Vicki
290/253/200/175

Cassie W.
on 1/4/09 5:00 am
Congratulations Vicki!  That first 5K is like a drug that leaves you wanting more.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Elisa K.
on 1/4/09 6:39 am - Lumberton, NJ
Congratulations Victoria - what a great way to start off 2009!

Most Active